1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happening now! Our first-ever Instagram takeover with UF College of Dentistry student, Carson. Follow @studentdoctornetwork on Instagram to get a glimpse of life as a D1, ask questions and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

DAT done 6/19

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Emutt, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Emutt

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    The DAT is finally done! Here are my scores:

PAT: 20
    RC: 21
    Bio: 20
    GC: 22
    OC: 23
    QR: 15 (oops)
    TS: 22
    AA: 20

Here's a break down of what I studied:

PAT: I used crack the PAT, Kaplan, TopScore, Achiever. Crack the PAT helped the most. I was getting 20's & 21's on it.

Bio, GC, OC : Kaplan did pretty well. I found that taking the above practice exams was the most helpful. The Destroyer helped greatly.

RC: I found that topscore and achiever worked best for me.

QR: Math hates me. no comment.

I'd love any feedback on my chances. Sci. gpa: 3.55 (BCP 3.76), Cum. 3.64. I have a lot of shadowing and service hours. Thanks everyone!!

2. Bruinlove

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Congrats!
    I think you have a decent shot at many schools that don't care much about QR. Call your favorite schools and ask them if they have any cutoff score for any section.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. harrygt

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Congrats. Wish you had made that QR a 20 too. That would be a great collction of 20s, but you are still good and above average.
    Can you please give a us a breakdown of each section. Like how was bio? conceptual? details? basics, and so on for each section.
    THX

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. hoss19

hoss19 half iron, half man
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    good scores!

5. rszam

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    So Kaplan was good for the sciences?

what was your study schedule like?