1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

DAT done 6/2, what do you think?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Ranelar, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ranelar

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Here's my scores:

PAT: 20
    QR: 17
    RC: 17
    BIO: 21
    GC: 18
    OC: 18

TS: 19
    AA: 18

The only score that is shocking is 17 RC. I spent too much time on the first passage (didn't really follow the strategy I had learned), and then the prometric pc lagged like hell when I was trying to fill in "C" for the last handful of questions, so a few actually ended up blank :scared: I was averaging 21-22 on achiever... That's the only reason I would retake, the others were about on par.

I have a 3.3 GPA in Microbiology from UCLA... All I want is to get into dental school SOMEWHERE. What are my chances? Should I think about retaking?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sbosu

Sbosu Member
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Personally if I were you, I would retake, I think those scores would be pretty decent if your GPA was higher but your GPA is below average at most schools

4. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    A retake would definitely increase your chances. I would recommend one as well.

5. Ranelar

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    is a retake feasible at this point in the game? I have to wait until Aug 30th to do so, and I think the only score I'll really improve on is RC, maybe math.

6. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Then your best option would probably be:

1. Just send out your scores for now, complete those applications ASAP.

2. Then, after you finish retaking, send in the new scores without telling the schools.