1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

DAT done 6/2, what do you think?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Ranelar, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ranelar

Dental Student
    Here's my scores:

PAT: 20
    QR: 17
    RC: 17
    BIO: 21
    GC: 18
    OC: 18

TS: 19
    AA: 18

The only score that is shocking is 17 RC. I spent too much time on the first passage (didn't really follow the strategy I had learned), and then the prometric pc lagged like hell when I was trying to fill in "C" for the last handful of questions, so a few actually ended up blank :scared: I was averaging 21-22 on achiever... That's the only reason I would retake, the others were about on par.

I have a 3.3 GPA in Microbiology from UCLA... All I want is to get into dental school SOMEWHERE. What are my chances? Should I think about retaking?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sbosu

Sbosu Member

Non-Student
    Personally if I were you, I would retake, I think those scores would be pretty decent if your GPA was higher but your GPA is below average at most schools

4. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    A retake would definitely increase your chances. I would recommend one as well.

5. Ranelar

Dental Student
    is a retake feasible at this point in the game? I have to wait until Aug 30th to do so, and I think the only score I'll really improve on is RC, maybe math.

6. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    Then your best option would probably be:

1. Just send out your scores for now, complete those applications ASAP.

2. Then, after you finish retaking, send in the new scores without telling the schools.