DAT Done 7/15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasmar390

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I know it's late, but here are my scores. They seem a lot more normal than what I've seen on here.

PAT-21
QR-21
RC-22
BIO-18
GC-22
OC-20
TS-20
AA-21

Biology--
I am a bio major. I've had several upper level classes. I read Campbell's extensively, including the 18-21 chapters. I read AP Bio 3-4 times. I just felt like that was the most ridiculous set of questions I could have been asked. I remembered a few of them and I could not even find the answers in Campbell's afterward. I'm posting this because I'm very worried about my Bio score. I know I could not have been any more prepared. I just feel like I can't even convey how unfair and stupid the questions were, did anyone else have this experience????

Chemistry--
I used DAT Destroyer for these sections. I did all the questions 3 times. It didn't help. The questions I received were not close to what I got on the test, which is stupid because that book covers every topic.

PAT and QR were much easier than what I practiced with CRACK tests.

Overall, the test was as bad as I thought it would be :( I feel like I could have done a week of preparation (rather than almost 2 months) and gotten the same scores. The questions I got in the science portions were so obscure, the test was a joke. I guess that's just the reality of the application process, you just have to do it. It really just tests your ability to focus on something and handle the stress, rather than actual knowledge.

Here are my GPAs:

BCP-3.9
Science-3.8
Non-science-4.0
Total-3.9

I'm applying to UW, OHSU, UCSF, BU, UMDNJ, UPENN, Temple, UMICH

What are my chances? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

So, I know it's late, but here are my scores. They seem a lot more normal than what I've seen on here.

PAT-21
QR-21
RC-22
BIO-18
GC-22
OC-20
TS-20
AA-21

Biology--
I am a bio major. I've had several upper level classes. I read Campbell's extensively, including the 18-21 chapters. I read AP Bio 3-4 times. I just felt like that was the most ridiculous set of questions I could have been asked. I remembered a few of them and I could not even find the answers in Campbell's afterward. I'm posting this because I'm very worried about my Bio score. I know I could not have been any more prepared. I just feel like I can't even convey how unfair and stupid the questions were, did anyone else have this experience????

Chemistry--
I used DAT Destroyer for these sections. I did all the questions 3 times. It didn't help. The questions I received were not close to what I got on the test, which is stupid because that book covers every topic.

PAT and QR were much easier than what I practiced with CRACK tests.

Overall, the test was as bad as I thought it would be :( I feel like I could have done a week of preparation (rather than almost 2 months) and gotten the same scores. The questions I got in the science portions were so obscure, the test was a joke. I guess that's just the reality of the application process, you just have to do it. It really just tests your ability to focus on something and handle the stress, rather than actual knowledge.

Here are my GPAs:

BCP-3.9
Science-3.8
Non-science-4.0
Total-3.9

I'm applying to UW, OHSU, UCSF, BU, UMDNJ, UPENN, Temple, UMICH

What are my chances? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the best thing I have ever read on this forum.. My test is this Wed and I have been studying for a solid 13 days thus far, and using this forum as one of my study sources when people ask questions. I have only been reviewing biology, general chemistry, and perceptual ability. I guess we shall see if the theory tests true.

eefffff. way to scare the **** outa me jasmar haha.

So GC and OC were nothing like destroyer? I dont want you to divulge any info about the test (unless you want to, of course ;)) but what exactly do you mean? Like did it ask you about info you have never seen before, or were the questions just worded really wierdly. Regardless, your chem scores are bomb.com.

And would you recommend reading Camb 18-21?

Thanks!

And I know you sound kind of bummed about your scores, but they are super envy worthy. I would definitely be flipping cartwheels inbetween shots of vodka if I were you. Prepare for them interviews!

Given your current perception of the test, wouldn't you think that it is wise decision for you to retake the test?
All the best.