DAT done! 7/20/09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoLPoPs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my DAT(first time) and here are my scores:

PAT: 18
Bio: 18
GC: 20
OC: 21
QR: 17 (F***** hard!:()
RC: 17
TS: 20
AA: 19

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with my scores. I thought I would score so much better in QR and PAT. QR section used to be my strongest section-- The lowest QR score I ever got on my practice tests was 20. I also got 730 on SAT Math, and 740 in GRE math. But QR in DAT is CRAZY! :scared::scared: Half of the questions were word problems and it was impossible to finish all of them on time! So maddd... Also, I've been gettin 20s for the past 5 CDP tests, but I ended up with an 18 in PAT:(

Now I'm really worried about my chance of getting into dental school as my GPA is not that great either. Should retake it in 3 months? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :love:

In terms of study materials, I will post them up later. I need to go and relax for now :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

i'd recommend a retake...what state are you from, which schools do you plan to apply to, and what's your gpa if you dont mind me asking? I'm in a pretty similar boat myself...but i dont think ill need a retake....

i'd recommend a retake...what state are you from, which schools do you plan to apply to, and what's your gpa if you dont mind me asking? I'm in a pretty similar boat myself...but i dont think ill need a retake....

Really?!? That's pretty depressing to hear. I'm applying to about 25 schools including Tufts, Temple, NYU, Western, VCU, etc...
I have ~3.2overall/science gpa & VA resident

Members don't see this ad :)
Really?!? That's pretty depressing to hear. I'm applying to about 25 schools including Tufts, Temple, NYU, Western, VCU, etc...
I have ~3.2overall/science gpa & VA resident
Your GPA is ummmm...somewhat low and your DAT scores are about average. Still, if you're applying to 25 schools, I think you probably would have a chance. Nevertheless, even if you decide to retake the DAT you wouldn't be able to do so until later Sep earl Oct, and that would be somewhat late for a retake.
I think you should apply with these scores and hope for the best. If things didn't work out this cycle, you can always retake and reapply next year.

Your GPA is ummmm...somewhat low and your DAT scores are about average. Still, if you're applying to 25 schools, I think you probably would have a chance. Nevertheless, even if you decide to retake the DAT you wouldn't be able to do so until later Sep earl Oct, and that would be somewhat late for a retake.
I think you should apply with these scores and hope for the best. If things didn't work out this cycle, you can always retake and reapply next year.

Thanks for your advice/encouragement as always! :love:
I will just have to hope for the best! :)

Thanks for your advice/encouragement as always! :love:
I will just have to hope for the best! :)
Anytime!
Last year, my DAT scores were very similar to yours (AA:19 TS:20 PA:19) and I still managed to get interviews at UCSF and UCLA. They both waitlisted me, however, mainly because my application was kinda late. So, getting accepted this year, isn't impossible for you.