DAT done 7-24

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skifastrokclimb

Enjoyer of Life
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PA: 21
QR: 15
RC: 25
BIO: 18
GC: 23
OC: 20
TS: 20
AA: 20

I was very disappointed with these scores. I was getting 23-24 AA and TS on topscore, barrons, and kaplan, so this blindsided me.

The bio section was easy except for a few random ones. Horrible resolution micrograph pictures and strange nucleotide base transcription problems stand out in mind. I usually got about 25 on bio on all the practice tests, I don't know how I got an 18.

GC was very easy, and Ochem seemed easy except for a few NMR and IR problems. I am normally very good at these, but the resolution of the NMR was horrible, and it was hard to determine signal splitting.

Reading was very easy, but it is always my strongest section so take that FWIW.

PAT was straightforward, I probably got screwed on the keyholes as usual.

QR was obviously a total disaster. As others have mentioned, the word problems were very long, but the real issue is that there was a highly disproportionate amount of trig, and in greater depth, than on any practice tests I took. I worked harder on math prep than on any other section, and I had gotten up to about a 21-22 on practice tests. It is highly disappointing, but I can't change it.

My overall scores are ok, I don't think they will keep me out of anywhere, but they won't open doors either.

Both science and overall GPA are 3.65 at a competitive science-focused university.

Glad it's done at least.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nice scores, i took it the same day, and got same TS/AA/PAT scores!!! good luck applying!!

A 25 on the reading is very solid. Anything you did in particular to prepare for this section? Nice scores overall by the way.

A 25 on the reading is very solid. Anything you did in particular to prepare for this section? Nice scores overall by the way.

Honestly, not really. I did practice tests which taught me that you had to search for EXACT word for word details, and not just generally what it asks. I've always been very good at reading standardized tests. (800 SAT reading and writing)