Dat Done! 7/26

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toothurty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All. I just wanted to say that I just joined up after taking my DAT yesterday. I've been using this site to gain the experience of others and have found it very helpful. So now I'm giving back a little!!

My Scores are as Follows:

PAT 20
BIO 21
GCHEM 20
OCHEM 20
RC 24
QR 20

Thus: PA/AA/TS= 20/21/20

I'd hoped for a higher PAT since i was scoring around a 20-21 on achiever and thought that would put me in excellent standing for the real test. But the most important thing I've learned from this experiment is that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND WHAT OTHERS SAY IS HARD MAY BE AS EASY AS PIE FOR YOU--SO DON'T FREAK OUT!!

Also, DON'T FREAK OUT. I scored around a 19/20/21 in each of the science sections on topscore, so I thought I'd get a 21-22 on them. But I did panic a bit and wasted some time. I am not a great test taker...tend to be a bit nervous...but I new my stuff well enough to get over the nervousness.

I thought the sciences were pretty straight foward. I was worried about bio, but that was the easiest in my opinion. I liked reading comp too but I enjoy tone questions :) (Don't worry--there were only a few).

Math was definitely easier than I thought it would be. And I am NOT a math person by any means.

Other than that, I'm all applied, just need to send my scores and get my eval letter sent. I have a cumulative GPA of 3.9 and a science GPA of 3.88, and I would love to get into Stony Brook Dental, where I am currently an undergrad. What do you guys think?

ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE <33

Members don't see this ad.

great scores! :)

what'd u use to study and how helpful was each thing and close to the real test?

also, what'd u do ur last 2-3 days before the test?- im not a great taker either and i tend to second guess my answers cuz i'm always looking for tricks that they might play on u - so does the DAT have many tricky questions or is it pretty much like straightforward like "what type of blood do u find in the umblicial vein" etc etc

thankssss

nice scores!!! I have same questions as flycd05

Members don't see this ad :)
Hella nice scores. Very consistent. I take the plunge in t-minus 16 hours. I'm very excited.

so you want to go to stonybrook? that's great news cause it means one less competition for me! Anyways, congrats on your score. I wish I had a very high RC score like you. Well that and your GPA....

nice scores! I just took my DAT this morning and got similar results, man it feels good to have that done. Its all fresh in my head still if anyone has questions

Thanks for the feedback guys!!

So, I used Destroyer a lot!! I would call it my main study guide esp for gen chem and orgo...the questions in destroyer are harder than the ones on the test...they are comprehensive though with the purpose of reviewing as much as possible in each question

I supplimented destroyer with the Kaplan review notes which are great esp for gen chem and biology. Biology was more straight foward than I expected it to be.

The days before my test, I retook some topscore, and used achiever for the science sections (which I don't recommend cuz it just made me more nervous...by all means, use it, but not with in a week of your test). What ever I got wrong, I went back over. I chilled a little and just went over basic equations for math and gen chem to make sure I committed the basics to memory.

Keep questions coming guys :) Good luck!