DAT Done 7/27

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jj8228

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i am glad that this monterous of a test is over and it does not help that the girlfriend of 3 yrs and i broke up the night before hand but what can u do???? I am kinda iffy on my scores after seeing everyone elses so any honest imput is greatly appreciated. I applied to VCU, Maryland, NOVA, UF, Louisville, Kentucky, Tufts, Marquette, Alabama, West Virginia, and Colorado.

PA 20 (87%)
QR 19 (81.9%)
RC 19 (53.3%)
BIO 18 (61.9%)
GC 17 (47.5%)
OC 19 (71.7%)
TS 18 (61.7%)
AA 18 (60.7%)

I am happy in the fact that my scores are consistent i wish they were a little bit higher. I used Kaplan and Destroyer to study since I have to pay for everything my self i was on a tight budget.

BIO-- like everyone said it was pretty random and to answer that one post about going through the glossary of Campbell's I would do it because I was asked some random definitions about words I have never even seen in biology class and they gave a random electron microscope picture of a cluster of cells and asked what it was? kinda odd

GC--really mad about this because I usually score really high on this in practice test but a lot of concepts with about 5 calculations

OC-- a lot of reactions and not too bad i had three questions on IR and NMR but it was ok.. mad i didnt do better in this as well but that is when the girl that came in to take an essay test starte her essay and was seriously typing a 1000 words a minute..sad to say i gave her some nasty looks

PA-- didnt use CDP or anything like that and it was a lot easier then kaplan stuff except for angles..i kinda drew on computer screen a few times trying to measure angles

RC--nothing to hard just time consuming and I had to guess on last 5 because of time constraints

its nice to be done but now to move on and sort all of this stuff with the gf out (basically tell her she is no good and to quit calling me saying sorry she enjoyed time with another guy while i was studying but insisted telling me this night before test)

hope everythign goes well with everyone else and honest feed back would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you a FL resident? You would def have a shot at NOVA... The GF thing is harsh - why even talk to her the day before? Do you think it affected your performance?

I think your scores are pretty good across the board, nothing too extreme without any scores below a 17... which is okay I guess. You did average. What are your stats, i.e. GPA, BCP, EC's maybe it can tell us a little more about your chances.

P.S. Your gf will probably come crawling back after you get into D-school. So for now, tell her to piss off and move on with other fishies in the sea.:D

ya im in fl too you def have a shot at nova. and uf. from alot of ppl that went to uf ive heard that the interview is KEY. you just have to nail the interview and you will be golden. but the Gf thing is harsh man..best of luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry yes i am a florida resident and my overall GPA is 3.57 and science gpa is 3.52 double major in bio and psych and i have tons of extra cirricular involvement i am one 3 executive boards have three jobs on campus

Are you a FL resident? You would def have a shot at NOVA... The GF thing is harsh - why even talk to her the day before? Do you think it affected your performance?

a little i was upset the night before and got little sleep but during the test i was focused most of the time it might have affected me a little but not much...she called me actually while riding with this guy she likes she swears nothing is going on even though they talk till 4 am workout togther and she wont switch over when i call her we have been fighting about it for a month but she decided to end it day before my test...in my opinion it was planned she really isnt supportive of me

sorry to hear that
its definitely hard having a gf when all of your focus is on studyin
damn i broke up with my girlfriend and told her I needed to focus on the test
even though the turnout wasnt good, i think it was worth it for me to focus

but best of luck to you

They are average scores. But...SDN scores are not representative of the overall applicatant pool. A 19 is the average of matriculated D1's. I am sure you will be fine with your GPA.

Dude! Relationships are meant to be broken. The key point is not to let them affect your life profoundly! Take this as a valuable experience and try not to repeat it while you're in dental school!
Your scores are average! However, if you choose your schools wisely, you'll definitely have a shot at some of them.

ah dudecrush, don't worry about the girl - your scores are great and the girl, if she didn't like your studying habits now, she wouldn't have been able to take it when you're in dental school. can't take the heat, get outta the kitchen. stay cookin dawg, you're TNT (trinitrotoluene, in layman's terms).