Dat Done 7/31/12

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jgdg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

QR 18
Reading 23
Biology 22
Gen chem 22
O chem 22

Guys...I am sooo happy. i thought the sciences were hard and all throughout the test I felt like I was bombing everything. However, I kept telling myself to just keep going and do the best I could.

The prometric center was really nice! Very nice people and helpful. The clarity of the screen was great and the calculator for QR worked really well!

For those worried about PAT...On the first CDP test I got a 17 UNTIMED. I kept working at it and started timing myself and was getting around 18-21. So please don't be discouraged if you are not doing well.

I used all the basic material everyone talks about, Chads, destroyer, datqvault for bio, topscore, math destroyer etc.

I did better on the real DAT than any of the topscore tests I took. for example, these are my third topscore results which I took on Sunday:
bio 17
chem 18
ochem 20

Speaking of math, I suck at QR! My older brother is a genius when it comes to math though and he tutored me throughout the summer. I am very happy with my 18. Without him, i would have gotten a 12, no joke!

If you have yet to take the DAT, keep studying and be excited to show ADCOMS how smart you are! this whole process is overwhelming and I would break down crying at least every other week because i was so stressed about the DAT since there is sooo much to know. Luckily, my brother was always there to bring me out of the dumps. I seriously could not have done this without him.

Any questions feel free to ask. I don't know what I am going to do with myself now that I don't have to study! I think I'll start by cleaning my home and getting rid of my farmer's tan

Members don't see this ad.

Congratz! Knew you would do great. I can't wait to be done with my exams!! I can only hope to get your scores :). How was biology?
And also, how was OChem? Both of them are stressing me at out haha.

I thought bio was a bit difficult. One of the things that qvault mentioned was that in bio you really have to apply concepts. like, what happens if ____ goes wrong? Stuff like that. Ochem was not too bad. Pretty simple reactions. nothing too crazy. i honestly thought I bombed the sciences so I was surprised I did well.
I got a 20 on PAT. This makes me very happy too because I was getting 18-21's on CDP and so many people on this forum scared me by saying PAT is so much harder on the real DAT. Some questions were hard but others were really easy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reading was easier than practice tests. My passages were very interesting so I got lucky. I did a mixture of reading while taking notes and search and destroy.