Dat done!!! 8/20/2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrRoyal Pains

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished my DAT!!! My scores are the following:
PAT 21 (83.1)
QR 16 (50)
RC 20 (65.5)
BIO 25 (99.1)
GC 23 (93.7)
OC 24 (94.9)
TS 24 (98.6)
AA 22 (95.7)

I would like to thank GOD and my family and friends for all of the support they have been giving me. Breakdown soon to come!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Breakdown:

PAT: Achiever (10/10), DATQVAULT (10/10), Bootcamp (10/10), Jcoreview (10/10), CDP (10/10)
Overall, this section to me seemed MUCH more difficult than any practice exams I have taken. Maybe it was anxiety/stress, but qvault was GREAT for PAT because you could expose yourself to every PAT scenario. The same goes for CDP. Make sure you do at least 10 minutes per day, focusing on your weaker areas.I did angle ranking everyday. After a hard day of studying, I would lie in bed with my ipad and do PAT problems.

Bio: Achiever (7/10), Destroyer (11/10), Chad's quizzes (5/10), qvault (10/10), bootcamp (10/10), Scsc7211's version of alan's notes (10/10), Barrons AP (8/10), Cliffs (10/10), MCAT Exam Krackers Bio (8/10)
This section was RIDICULOUS. So many flipping RANDOM questions!!!! I even got one STRAIGHT FROM DESTROYER. There was a lot of genetics based problems. Bootcamp was very much like the real thing. Do yourself a favor and register for bootcamp's DAT question of the day. Also, make sure you do a little bio everyday as well. I read cliff's one and a half times, barrons AP once, and Scsc7211's notes about 3 days prior to my exam and finished them last night. Exam Krackers was basically a waste of time because it only covered genetics and physiology, excluding plants, evolution, etc.

GC: Chads (11/10), Destroyer (11/10), bootcamp (10/10), qvault (9/10), Exam krackers gen chem (8/10), Achiever (7/10)
I spent by far the most time on this section. There were a lot of straight forward questions, and some head scratchers. Get CHADS VIDEOS!!! These were AMAZING. Also make sure you do destroyer gen chem at least twice. Qvault was good, so was bootcamp. Once again, bootcamp was much like the real thing, with destroyer coming in second place. By the time I finished this section, I had about 23 minutes left for orgo.

Orgo: Chads (10/10), Destroyer (11/10), qvault (9/10), bootcamp (8/10), Achiever (9/10)
This section was SO simple. Once again, make sure you do destroyer at least twice, although it is somewhat overkill. Bootcamp was great as well. DO DESTROYERS ROADMAPS!!!! These are A MUST for the orgo section. I wrote out all the reactions on flashcards and reviewed them every other night.

QR: Math Destroyer (10/10), Khan academy (10/10), qvault (11/10), bootcamp (8/10), Achiever (9/10)
Math is not my strongest subject (as you can tell). I tried to expose myself to as many math problems as possible. If I didn't feel like doing an entire test, I would do 20 questions in the morning and review the answers, then study the sciences during the day, and do the last 20 questions at night. Don't overlook this section. It can make or break your academic average.

RC: Qvault (10/10), bootcamp (11/10), Achiever (6/10)
I am totally satisfied with a 20 in this section. I read scientific american or some other science related articles everyday. Once in the morning before studying, and once at night. I also read articles on the following website: http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl Do yourself a favor and check it out. While reading science articles on websites, I would open a new internet window with an online stop clock running, that way I would accustom myself to seeing the timer on the real thing and not freak out.

Overall, I am VERY pleased with my scores. Hard work and dedication are all you need to accomplish your dreams. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Let me know if there is anything I can specify or help you guys out with! :thumbup: Also, DO NOT take your practice test scores seriously! Use them for motivation and to find out where you need improvement. My scores are much higher than anything I scored on practice exams.

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome breakdown! I am using bootcamp, qvault, and destroyer as my main resources. I really am struggling with improving my PAT and RC scores. Do you have any suggestions? I seem to only hit 18-19 on bootcamp PAT and 18 on RC T_T

For RC, use the link posted in my breakdown. I read lab reports from that website at least once a day. For RC, the main thing is to not panic and think about the clock. Thats what I did, but by using the online stop watch, I became accustomed to seeing the timer. Also, do PAT everyday. It's a very important section. You could get a killer TS and AA, but guess what? Anything 17 and below is pretty much a retake in my book. Focus on your weaker area's. Achiever is amazing for PAT. The explanations are great. Also, for RC, I tested with 2 strategies. First I went through ALL the questions and wrote down keywords, then proceeded to read the passage. That got me 17-19, but once I actually READ the passage slowly (I became a very fast reader after reading scientific american articles, articles on nature.com, cnn, new york times, basically anything science related), it seemed much more efficient and I started getting 20+ on all my practice tests (bootcamp is great for RC). On the real thing, My first two passages weren't bad in length, but the material itself was somewhat difficult. By the time I got to the last passage, I literally had about 14 minutes left. Thats when I went through the questions really quick, wrote down the keywords, then proceeded to read the passage. Experiment with different strategies. That is the only way you will find something that works for you. In my case, it was a combination of the above stated. If there's anything else, just let me know. Also, GET CHADS!

Dude, you rocked this test. Lol, I am not sure what happened on the math section, but you did awesome. Congrats.