DAT done 8/20.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucky222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With all the awesome scores I've seen on these threads, here is one that should make a lot of you feel better. Should i retake?

Pat-18
QR-16 (WOW)
bio-18
chem-19
ochem-18
Reading-20 (pianoed)
science-19
AA-18

GPA is around 3.2, for both science and cumulative . Have been shadowing and volunteering since middle school, so the hours are pretty high. Volunteer tutor and many extracurricular activities. I have strong letters of recommendation and am hoping i have a decent shot.

Breakdown-I studied for about 6 weeks-everyday for 6 hours a day. I studied independently and didn't use kaplan. Matericals included: my textbooks, topscore, Crack DAT PAT, and DAT destroyer.

Biology-cliffs AP>dat destroyer>biology book by campbell. Such a broad subject with a lot of information. I didn't expect so many pictures but they weren't too bad. Had about one lab question.

Chemistry-Chad's videos> general chemistry book>Dat destroyer. I really thought i did better but there are some trick questions on there so watch out for it. There are lots of basic questions with about 8 calculation problems. Know acid and bases. All those tricks and concepts that Chad teaches will help.

Ochem-ochem book>dat destroyer. I thought i did better on this one too, but i guess not. Those destroyer roadmaps helped a lot with the synthesis problems but try to understand what is going on. There were about 3 NMR questions and many structural problems. Again, understand what is going on and not just memorizing what happens will give you a better score. This was my mistake.

PAT-i took 5 CDP and used the ones on topscore. I was scoring around 20-24. The PAT was a lot more difficult than any of those practice tests. I definitely wish i did better. The only sections that were similar was hole punching, pattern folding, and TFE.

Reading-Lots of tone questions and which statement is false type questions. I got pianoed, which was very difficult. I used search and destroy for all of them.

Topscore- on a scale from 1-5 (1 being not similar and 5 being similar)
bio-4
chem-4
ochem-4
PAT-3
QR-2
Reading-4

This is my breakdown and i hope it helps. Feel free to message me any questions.

Members don't see this ad.