DAT done 8/21

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arsenal1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my dat a week ago and just submitted my application. My GPA is 3.63 upward trend
I studied for 2 months about 8 hours a day. it was hectic but well worth it in the end

PAT 19
QR 19
RC 18
BIO 22 :love:
GC 22
ORG 21 :( Retake? lol

TS 22
AA 20

PAT: i used crack dat 17/18/20/21/22/22/22/24
i thought the actual dat was alot harder especially in the pattern folding part. angles however are much easier. i expected more out of this section.

QR: i used math destroyer which was on par with the actual dat. alot of easy calculations with few probability. i didnt have any p-value questions. if you see a difficult question SKIP.

RC: much harder then any passage i have done. i used the KBB and i was getting 21's. DAT Qvault was much easier then the actual one. during the exam i guessed on 10-15 of them because of time. surprised i got this score.

BIO: all you need is the Destroyer and Alans notes. Cliffs was ok but nothing was sticking. Destroyer was the best tool for this section. i used it as a studying tool rather then just answering questions. know all those little facts in the destroyer. i basically memorized the BIO section of the destroyer. I also used Khan academy which is very useful but i believe the destroyer is sufficient enough. i went over this section atleast 5 times in the destroyer
Qvault scores: 17/17/17/18/16/18/19/20/19/21.
topscore 17/16/21.
2007 DAT 32/40
2009 DAT 35/40

Gen chem: i expected to do better in this section. Destroyer and chads videos is all you need for this section. After i watched Chads i was getting 70% of the questions. i went over the destroyer twice for this section
topscore 22/28/24.
2007 dat 30
2009 dat 28

ORGO: Im surprised i scored low in this section. I expected a 30. i got 90% of the destroyer right the first time i went through it. Destroyer is all you need for this section. dont use any other resources because you would be wasting your time. i didnt use chads videos for this section, however i do have a good background of orgo. there were 2 questions where i was 100% the answer was not in the choices but whatever, i cant do anything about it.
topscore: 28/30/30
2007 DAT: 30
2009 DAT: 27/30
Qvault: 30

The exam was not hard aside from the PAT and RC in which i believe i didnt have the best resources for them. if i knew i would have probably gotten the achiever for those sections.

I shadowed 2 dentists a general dentist and an oral surgeon. I have alot of volunteer and extra curricular activities. Hopefully I get a few interviews. need any help feel free to contact me

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Very nice. I hope you get an acceptance letter soon.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk