DAT done 8/26

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JNew

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's how I did:
PAT-20
QR-17
RC-18
Bio-22

GChem-19
OChem-18

TS-19
AA-19

So the Breakdown was as follows:

PAT-it really was not too bad, some of the practice tests are wayyyy harder than the actual thing. I used Crack the PAT mainly, and it was definitely good practice.

QR- Was very hard as they say, with word problems and time being big issues. Honestly I'm very happy with a 17 in this section. Destroyer and topscore were a big help here.

RC- First of all there were very few tone questions, however it was definitely harder than the practice tests because most of it was not spitback from the passage but rather you had to have some understading of the passage and then answer the questions. I didn't really practice for this section so I am definitely pleased with an 18 here.

Bio- Definitely a very tough section. I made sure to know the destroyer questions and answers very well before going into the test. If not for the destroyer I would've been rocked on most of the questions, considering that many of them were not basic bio that you are going to find in any review book.

Chem- wasn't bad, there were a few weird questions that threw me off a little which i think is where i basically lost my points. I had a few calculations though. I prob wouldve wanted a 20 in this section but i'm not upset with a 19.

Orgo- I have no idea what happened hear. I was very strong in orgo as a student and also when i was studying for the DAT's. I was getting 20's on the practice and made sure again to know the destroyer cold. Even while taking the test I thought i did well on the section. Honestly i don't know what happened.

Overall the biggest help for preparing was the Destroyer. It really forced me to know the concepts in all of the sciences very well. The updates are also key!

I have a 3.91 cumulative GPA and 4.0 science majoring in psych. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Mr. Newman

Members don't see this ad.

Here's how I did:
PAT-20
QR-17
RC-18
Bio-22

GChem-19
OChem-18

TS-19
AA-19

PAT-it really was not too bad, some of the practice tests are wayyyy harder than the actual thing. I used Crack the PAT mainly, and it was definitely good practice.

QR- Was very hard as they say, with word problems and time being big issues. Honestly I'm very happy with a 17 in this section. Destroyer and topscore were a big help here.

RC- First of all there were very few tone questions, however it was definitely harder than the practice tests because most of it was not spitback from the passage but rather you had to have some understading of the passage and then answer the questions. I didn't really practice for this section so I am definitely pleased with an 18 here.

Bio- Definitely a very tough section. I made sure to know the destroyer questions and answers very well before going into the test. If not for the destroyer I would've been rocked on most of the questions, considering that many of them were not basic bio that you are going to find in any review book.

Chem- wasn't bad, there were a few weird questions that threw me off a little which i think is where i basically lost my points. I had a few calculations though. I prob wouldve wanted a 20 in this section but i'm not upset with a 19.

Orgo- I have no idea what happened hear. I was very strong in orgo as a student and also when i was studying for the DAT's. I was getting 20's on the practice and made sure again to know the destroyer cold. Even while taking the test I thought i did well on the section. Honestly i don't know what happened.

Overall the biggest help for preparing was the Destroyer. It really forced me to know the concepts in all of the sciences very well. The updates are also key!

I have a 3.91 cumulative GPA and 4.0 science majoring in psych. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Mr. Newman

helloooo newman

nice scores! were there any diagrams (identifying structures) on the bio section?

Here's how I did:
PAT-20
QR-17
RC-18
Bio-22

GChem-19
OChem-18

TS-19
AA-19

Mr. Newman

wow u did amazing! im surprised that ur TS and AA werne't higher.. my score:

TS: 19
AA: 18
PAT:21
BIO: 17
GCHEM:19
OCHEM:21
QR: 15
RC:18

my scores were a lot suckier but my TS AA weren't far from urs at all. i wonder why. but i'm glad that if ur happy with ur TS AA then i should be too =) i was really bummed cuz i thought 18/19 was horrible..but i guess it's not..right? =) good luck!