DAT DONE! 8/27 - breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdmgsr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your contributions!!!!!!

PAT - 25 - 99.0
QR - 26 - 99.6
RC - 19 - 52.2 :(
Bio - 20 - 88.0
GC - 21 - 87.0
OC - 22 - 90.4
TS - 21 - 91.6
AA - 22 - 97.0

What do you guys think my chances are of getting in??? What schools would suit my scores? I'm a canadian applicant. sGPA 3.69, oGPA 3.53. I'm applying next week. I remember someone on here that makes a list of schools for you? Does anyone know who I'm talking about?

p.s. I used search and destroy for RC - there was only one inference/tone question - didn't have time for marked items :(
QR - had time to recheck all of my answers - ridiculously easy - had 10 minutes to spare
PAT - the angle ranking supplement of CDP is an excellent resource - it's by far the hardest part on the PAT
GC OC Bio - easier than I thought - very broad - had time to recheck marked items

Materials
KBB - Do not substitute cliffs bio for the Kaplan bio - Kaplan's bio has great scope, but some parts are unorganized/unclear/lack info
Cliffs Bio - some chapters too in-depth - should focus on parts that Kaplan covers too - in other words it should be used as a supplement
TopScore - scored higher on real dat
Achiever - scored higher on real dat
CDP, CDM, CDR
Godfrey Testprep reading comp tests - Excellent resource
Dat Destroyer, Math Destroyer
If I had more time I'd do Examcrackers1001MCAT bio, gc, oc as well!
Get as much RC practice as you can - get all the software - Godfreys is EXCELLENT - much harder than real dat, great practice, CDR is easier but also good

lmk if you have any questions.
time to get high! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Great scores!!
Btw, can you share us your Top score practice tests and other practice scores and why do you recommendand Godfrey Testprep reading comp tests ..

The RC section, I've never scored higher than 16 on any practice test and.. I really need your advice. Is Godfrey reading comp tests helpful? some people said it's too long about 3000words ..so im soo confused. how would you practice RC section..:confused:

Great scores!!
Btw, can you share us your Top score practice tests and other practice scores and why do you recommendand Godfrey Testprep reading comp tests ..

The RC section, I've never scored higher than 16 on any practice test and.. I really need your advice. Is Godfrey reading comp tests helpful? some people said it's too long about 3000words ..so im soo confused. how would you practice RC section..:confused:

The best method of doing RC is search and destroy in my opinion. And search and destroy is a method that can be practiced in a short time, as opposed to actual reading and comprehension. It's more of a "word search" than reading comprehension. Godfrey's tests are long and hard, but they are great practice. After godfrey I was able to quickly scan a passage and find keywords and find answers. (p.s. I was getting an average of 17 on godfrey)You also have to be able to look in the right places for your answers depending on what is asked. If the passage is on a disease, and the question is about a treatment method, the answer will be around the middle. If the question is about number of deaths the disease caused, then it will be near the beginning, and so on. You have to pick up on the patterns of the passages. For RC I used topscore, achiever, CDR, and godfrey. This practice allowed me to get a 19 - which is great for me because I suck at reading. Disclaimer: in my dat, most of the answers were all in the passage word for word, with maybe two or three tone/inference questions. So learn how to quickly look for keywords and find answers, which requires lots of scrolling through the passage and speed reading. Also, if you can't find the answer to one question, give it an educated guess, and move on. Chances are you'll run into the answer while searching the passage for other questions, and you can go back to the question and change your answer (just make a mental note of the question you couldn't find the answer to) - happened to me a lot during the real dat.

Thanks for your advise!!
so basically I have to practice RC as much as possible to get the pattern of passage, right? ..I just ordered CDR and if I need I will purchase the Godfrey Testprep reading comp as well..
If you dont mind me asking how much score did you improved for RC after all the practices from topscore, achiever, CDR,, etc? (my DAT in 2 weeks) I'm so worry about RC section even more than sciences..:scared: