DAT Done 8/4/08

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pearl8823

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Although I did not post anything on this forum, I was helped a lot from reading all your comments. I took DAT today. Yes, I was FRAPPED. I had that piano passage for my RC.

I would like some advice from you. I was wondering if I should retake it or not.

My scores are

PA 22
QR 17
RC 17
BI 17
GC 18
OC 20

TS 18
AA 18

My GPA is about 3.5 and science GPA is about 3.5 as well.
My choices are NYU, Stony brook, columbia, Buffalo and NJDS.

What are my chances? Shoud I retake it? If so, should I submit my application first and retake it, or wait until I take the second test?

I hoped that I found this forum earlier because I really wanted to buy destroyer to study. But I found it a week before my test day :(

Please give me some advice. Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Your PAT is very solid, so don't forget some schools love high PAT scores. Apply to those ;) fo sho
good luck

Yes, I was FRAPPED. I had that piano passage for my RC.

Shoud I retake it? If so, should I submit my application first and retake it, or wait until I take the second test?

I thought the frap in bio is supposed be followed by the ethics passage in RC. Now we see a new frap+piano combo? um...

Either you retake it or not, if you are going to apply this cycle, apply asap! If I were you I would def retake it. GL!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had similar scores and I am retaking on October 4.

I thought the frap in bio is supposed be followed by the ethics passage in RC. Now we see a new frap+piano combo? um...

Either you retake it or not, if you are going to apply this cycle, apply asap! If I were you I would def retake it. GL!!

Should I let the school know that I'm retaking the test?

Should I let the school know that I'm retaking the test?

Yes u should. If u are for certain that the schools have gotten ur application, then definitely let them know cuz they will get ur test scores within 4 weeks. That way, they won't toss u out of the pile. ur PAT and OC is very good! so pat urself on the back for getting thru the exam and these scores. just..most schools don't like 17, esp in Biology..i would know, i got similar scores as u too and didn't get in last year... good luck my dear.. if u do search, u can find my forum of my old/new scores...

i talk alot lol..so in other words, retake! there is still time =)

Yes u should. If u are for certain that the schools have gotten ur application, then definitely let them know cuz they will get ur test scores within 4 weeks. That way, they won't toss u out of the pile. ur PAT and OC is very good! so pat urself on the back for getting thru the exam and these scores. just..most schools don't like 17, esp in Biology..i would know, i got similar scores as u too and didn't get in last year... good luck my dear.. if u do search, u can find my forum of my old/new scores...

i talk alot lol..so in other words, retake! there is still time =)

How do I let the school know? Do I call them? or e-mail?

How do I let the school know? Do I call them? or e-mail?

I have similar stats and IMO, i would not retake. I rather be early with avg. stats than late with _____? yea thats right, you don't know how you're going to do when you retake. I'm sick of coming on here everyday seeing people get 20's (and yet here I am). I know one thing is for certain which seems obvious but seems to be forgotten; there is WAY more to an applicant than his/her DAT score... Personally, I know I'll be fine because I have excellent LOR, extracurriculars, and have close ties with my number 1 school. Don't just sign up for a test because everyone on here says so. Sit on it for a few days. Good luck.

I wouldn't retake it. you dont have any 16 or lower!

U have to call the schools individually..i know, a pain but there is no other way.

and for everyone saying u don't retake..trust me, and retake. u'll get later interviews (feb/march) but u're gonna blow all this money to do secondaries only to get rejected. i wish i did this last year..i would have saved at least a grand.

or like i said, roll iwth the scores cuz u already applied but unless u have a phenomenal story ( i migrated to the us, didn't know english or i was poor, starved child in some foreign country..etc etc). u have to have an awesome story ... that's the truth..and if i'm wrong, u can come kick my ass later..but honestly, u won't get in.