DAT Done 8/5 : Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

egan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, gotta give props to SDN and Nichols for motivating me more than anything else to just keep studying even when I didn't want to. I didn't do as insane as some people here but here are my scores:

AA: 23
TS: 21
Bio: 19:laugh:
GC: 29:cool:
OC: 22
RC: 21
QR: 22
PAT: 22

Mostly happy that I didn't drop too low in any one section, pretty balanced I think.
Materials Used: Math Destroyer, DAT Destroyer, Chad's, Some KBB, Crack DAT PAT, Topscore, Achiever

PAT: Most of what people usually say about this section is dead on. The keyholes are more distinguishing sizes than in CDP and everything else is pretty similar. Except for some reason my pattern folding was absolutely rediculous...like I did better on my 2 pattern folding achiever tests. They had a lot of objects that were hard to fold by themselves alone...and they were shaded. Maybe about five of them I saw and was just like :eek: Do CDP and you'll be good though, I averaged 21-23.

Bio: What the hell. I understand people say bio is random but I've never seen any test this random. Biggest hint by FAR I can give anyone is to know destroyer front and back. I had AT LEAST 5 questions straight from destroyer, literally one of them I reviewed the night before and was pissed I didn't remember. I felt like I knew Cliff's, Barron's, and Kaplan almost front to back as I read through them all a few times. After I finished the bio section I was literally looking like this

GChem: Chad is a boss. Seriously his GChem videos with destroyer are all you need to ace this section. I watched the videos once and did Destroyer 2X. I knew this was gonna be my strongest section though.

OChem: I hadn't taken OChem for a while so a lot of the material wasn't as fresh for this one. Still though, Chad + Destroyer will get you a 20+. I did Destroyer 2x and skimmed through KBB once or twice. Roadmaps are good, but I don't understand how people say it's sufficient. I had a really weird question that had to do with a reaction intermediate that I got wrong, so you gotta know those too.

RC: Never really had too many problems with this section. I used Vivicipher's method, just looked at all or most of the questions before hand then jotted down a few notes about each paragraph while reading the whole thing. The last two questions were ridiculously easy, but there was this passage on bone formation that was :scared: Maybe it was just me though.
I averaged on CDR around 22, it was fairly similar, with a little bit more search and destroy on the real thing.

QR: Did 8 of the Math Destroyer tests then just the QR on TopScore. I averaged around a 24 for it on Topscore, which was fairly similar. Few conversion questions, some really basic trig stuff, and one or two that were pretty strange. Just get your timing down and you'll be fine.

Achiever Scores:
Test 1 / Test 2
PAT: 17 / 18
Bio: 20 / 18
GC: 23 / 19
OC: 18 / 18
TS: 20 / 18
RC: 16 / -
Didn't do QR, decided to do TopScore instead

Topscore:
Test 1 / Test 2 / Test 3
PAT: 21 / 22 / 22
Bio: 20 / 19 / -
GC: 25 / 20 / -
OC: 19 / 20 / -
TS: 21 / 20 / -
RC: 19 / - / - (not like the real thing)Passage difficulty more like CDR to read
QR: 24 / 21 / 24
AA: 21 / 20 / -

Overall, I think the DAT is really a lot about staying calm and focused as mush as possible. I wanted to freak out after going through the Bio section, but I just brushed it off knowing it was rediculous and did well on the easier chem and ochem sections. Even for RC, after I read the first passage which was pretty complex when it comes to health stuff, I wanted to start doubting how well I'd do. The next passages were easy though, and you just gotta move on. It seems like the more difficult questions are always in the beginning of the sections, and the easier ones are at the end. Maybe they're just doing it to screw with you. I probably won't be visiting this forum too much anymore, but just wanted to share with you guys my breakdown.

After finishing that last passage on herbal remedies I think it's time for me to enjoy one myself :laugh: Peace

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First off, gotta give props to SDN and Nichols for motivating me more than anything else to just keep studying even when I didn't want to. I didn't do as insane as some people here but here are my scores:

AA: 23
TS: 21
Bio: 19:laugh:
GC: 29:cool:
OC: 22
RC: 21
QR: 22
PAT: 22

Mostly happy that I didn't drop too low in any one section, pretty balanced I think.
Materials Used: Math Destroyer, DAT Destroyer, Chad's, Some KBB, Crack DAT PAT, Topscore, Achiever

PAT: Most of what people usually say about this section is dead on. The keyholes are more distinguishing sizes than in CDP and everything else is pretty similar. Except for some reason my pattern folding was absolutely rediculous...like I did better on my 2 pattern folding achiever tests. They had a lot of objects that were hard to fold by themselves alone...and they were shaded. Maybe about five of them I saw and was just like :eek: Do CDP and you'll be good though, I averaged 21-23.

Bio: What the hell. I understand people say bio is random but I've never seen any test this random. Biggest hint by FAR I can give anyone is to know destroyer front and back. I had AT LEAST 5 questions straight from destroyer, literally one of them I reviewed the night before and was pissed I didn't remember. I felt like I knew Cliff's, Barron's, and Kaplan almost front to back as I read through them all a few times. After I finished the bio section I was literally looking like this

GChem: Chad is a boss. Seriously his GChem videos with destroyer are all you need to ace this section. I watched the videos once and did Destroyer 2X. I knew this was gonna be my strongest section though.

OChem: I hadn't taken OChem for a while so a lot of the material wasn't as fresh for this one. Still though, Chad + Destroyer will get you a 20+. I did Destroyer 2x and skimmed through KBB once or twice. Roadmaps are good, but I don't understand how people say it's sufficient. I had a really weird question that had to do with a reaction intermediate that I got wrong, so you gotta know those too.

RC: Never really had too many problems with this section. I used Vivicipher's method, just looked at all or most of the questions before hand then jotted down a few notes about each paragraph while reading the whole thing. The last two questions were ridiculously easy, but there was this passage on bone formation that was :scared: Maybe it was just me though.
I averaged on CDR around 22, it was fairly similar, with a little bit more search and destroy on the real thing.

QR: Did 8 of the Math Destroyer tests then just the QR on TopScore. I averaged around a 24 for it on Topscore, which was fairly similar. Few conversion questions, some really basic trig stuff, and one or two that were pretty strange. Just get your timing down and you'll be fine.

Overall, I think the DAT is really a lot about staying calm and focused as mush as possible. I wanted to freak out after going through the Bio section, but I just brushed it off knowing it was rediculous and did well on the easier chem and ochem sections. Even for RC, after I read the first passage which was pretty complex when it comes to health stuff, I wanted to start doubting how well I'd do. The next passages were easy though, and you just gotta move on. I probably won't be visiting this forum too much anymore, but just wanted to share with you guys my breakdown.

After finishing that last passage on herbal remedies I think it's time for me to enjoy one myself :laugh: Peace

awesome GC score. GJ

great job! congratulations!

How were your Achiever test scores? I finished all three of mine and they're not that good :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Great job dude!

This is my biggest pet peeve about DAT... the dude scores perfectly in GC and they won't give him a 30 but only 29. Hooka brotha up! Throw him a bone at least!

I'm with you here man. Probably be doing the same too when it's all said and done lol.

I just wanna say great GC score! Not an easy task. Also, what is your GPA?

I have a 3.53 cumulative GPA and 3.63 science GPA and I went to UCSD. I'm hoping to go to USC, Michigan, or Colorado. USC I think I have a solid shot at the other two, who knows:xf:

I have a 3.53 cumulative GPA and 3.63 science GPA and I went to UCSD. I'm hoping to go to USC, Michigan, or Colorado. USC I think I have a solid shot at the other two, who knows:xf:

Oh you are solid to get into most. You know more about those 3 specific schools, but most have an avg gpa of 3.5. And that DAT makes you stand out. Goodjob and good luck!