Dat done! 8-9-10!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smiley89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PAT 23
QR 16
RC 28 :D
BIO 20
GC 17
OC 22

TS 20
AA 21

Okay so today was my first time taking the DAT. I already applied for this cylce in July so what do you all think? I'm happy with my overall score but I'm worried about the GC section, I was basically expecting the QR.

PAT only used the 5 test version of CDP (18,21,23,20,23) Felt that TFE and Angles were harder on the actual DAT. Hole punching and Cube counting was easier. Pattern Folding and Keyholes about the same.

QR I hate math and basically panicked during this section, was expecting to see a much lower score pop up so w/e

RC only used Topscore (20, 22, 25) I was not expecting such a high score in this section going in but I literally had learned about every single passage topic last semester in my human genomics class so it was just good luck! passages were about microarrays & the Human Genome, Wernicke's/ language development, and Calcium's role in cellular activity

BIO read Cliff's once and read Alan's notes last night. Very much you know it or you don't, a lot of the answers I knew from my undergrad classes rather than my time spent studying.

GC very upset about this score. I used Chad's videos and Topscore (17,18,17) don't really know what I got wrong it seemed basic while going through.

OC Also Chad's videos and Topscore I felt this section was much easier than Topscore (17,18,19)

I am so happy to finally be done with the DAT! I spent one month studying and I was not feeling very confident going in but I guess things turned out alright.

What do you think about my GC, QR is this going to be a problem? I really don't think I can retake it willl be too late in the cycle :scared:

I have applied to 9 schools so far and was possibly going to add more once I found out my DAT scores, so far I have:
Nova, BU, VCU, Maryland, Columbia, NYU, UCSF, UCLA, UW

Based on my GPA/ DAT do you think I need to add more schools? If so any suggestions?

THANK YOU everyone for your input and good luck to all still studying!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! great job!! With your gpa and scores, you are set.
Can you please tell me your topscore results?
I have my exam tomorrow!! I wanted to see how your topscore correlates with the real exam. How was the test in comparison to tospcore... easier harder?? THanks and congrats again!

Thanks! I never went through the full length topscore just did random sections at a time. RC (20,22,25) OC (17,18,19) GC(17,18,18) QR (17,18,17). Good luck tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same test too! :) good thing that we didn't get pianoed.. i got 19/25/30 on my ochem for topscore but ended up getting a 19 on the real test :( but 18-20 for bio came out to be 22 so i guess topscore doesn't really correlate well.. Are you California resident? If not, I wouldn't really bother applying to UCLA (same goes for UW). Instead why don't you put in Tufts? Do you have a reason not including that school even when you designated BU?

healthcaree, thanks for the response! I applied to UCLA/ UW upon recommendation by my academic counselor due to the fact that I am an Arizona resident and therefore a part of WICHE. I took about 1/3 of my undergraduate courses while in highschool via dual enrollment through a CC and unfortunately Tufts does not accept any prereq CC credits :(. What do you think about UNLV/ Pitt??

healthcaree, thanks for the response! I applied to UCLA/ UW upon recommendation by my academic counselor due to the fact that I am an Arizona resident and therefore a part of WICHE. I took about 1/3 of my undergraduate courses while in highschool via dual enrollment through a CC and unfortunately Tufts does not accept any prereq CC credits :(. What do you think about UNLV/ Pitt??

Do include UNLV and Pitt. It's worth a shot. I interviewed at the Pitt last year. Tufts does take some CC credit. At least I was interviewed there with some CC classes (summer school). Also, I know someone who just graduated from Tufts dental and she took a whole year sequence of general bio at a CC. It might have changed? If you took upper division courses at a 4-year university, I think they give you a chance. Maybe not for those who took pre-reqs at a CC and did business major at a 4yr institution? (since no way to prove that you're competitive enough for advanced science courses)

Ok I will defnitely add those :) Thanks for that info about Tufts, my CC prereqs were 2 semester of introductory bio, and 1 semester of gen chem. I assumed I would be rejected at Tufts after reading something on their website about CC being a no-no but I do have As in upper div. bio and ochem at my university so I guess it makes sense that they overlook lower level CC credits. It can't hurt to apply and see what happens right? Thanks so much! good luck this cycle :D