DAT done 8/9/11

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ozn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my DAT this morning.

PAT- 25
QR- 22
RC- 24
BIO- 20
OC- 19
GC-21
TS- 20
AA-21

I used the Kaplan blue book for the sciences and I thought was sufficient for this exam though the questions in bio were much more detailed than I was anticipating. I had at least 65% of bio marked and I wonder if the score were scaled down for BIO. I thought I got at least a 24 or 26 on GC and OC, very few questions that I was unsure of. So I am incredibly disappointed with these two sections.

I used the Kaplan for QR. There were 2 questions I could'nt solve but I thought I did good on the rest but maybe not.

For the PAT I thought it was really easy. There were 2 questions on keyholes? (the first section) that I was like wtf but other than that I thought it was very easy. The Kaplan blue book is really easy and I would say it isn't sufficient if you want to get a good score. I bought the 10 practice tests from crack the pat; the first 3 or 4 were really tough on that as I consistently got about 18-19 but after that I got about 20-21. I didn't have enough time to do the the last 4 tests. I strongly recommend using the Crack the DAT PAT, it helped me greatly; they are only practice tests and they don't give you a good strategy but it really helped me.

I also bought Crack the DAT for RC. I thought the questions were less tricky then Crack the DAT but the passages were really long and it took forever for me to go through them. I had to rush for the last 7 questions or so, granted I am a slow reader but still seemed a bit tougher than Crack the DAT RC.

Overall I am very disappointed about my test and I wonder if I should take it again. I have a 3.0 sGPA and 3.1 overall and my DAT might not be enough to compensate my GPAs. I know 21 is a good score but I was hoping for higher score and after I saw the scores I felt nauseous. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Good job, don't retake, you did very well.
Maybe take some more classes/informal postbac and bump up the gpa.

I just took my DAT this morning.

PAT- 25
QR- 22
RC- 24
BIO- 20
OC- 19
GC-21
TS- 20
AA-21

I used the Kaplan blue book for the sciences and I thought was sufficient for this exam though the questions in bio were much more detailed than I was anticipating. I had at least 65% of bio marked and I wonder if the score were scaled down for BIO. I thought I got at least a 24 or 26 on GC and OC, very few questions that I was unsure of. So I am incredibly disappointed with these two sections.

I used the Kaplan for QR. There were 2 questions I could'nt solve but I thought I did good on the rest but maybe not.

For the PAT I thought it was really easy. There were 2 questions on keyholes? (the first section) that I was like wtf but other than that I thought it was very easy. The Kaplan blue book is really easy and I would say it isn't sufficient if you want to get a good score. I bought the 10 practice tests from crack the pat; the first 3 or 4 were really tough on that as I consistently got about 18-19 but after that I got about 20-21. I didn't have enough time to do the the last 4 tests. I strongly recommend using the Crack the DAT PAT, it helped me greatly; they are only practice tests and they don't give you a good strategy but it really helped me.

I also bought Crack the DAT for RC. I thought the questions were less tricky then Crack the DAT but the passages were really long and it took forever for me to go through them. I had to rush for the last 7 questions or so, granted I am a slow reader but still seemed a bit tougher than Crack the DAT RC.

Overall I am very disappointed about my test and I wonder if I should take it again. I have a 3.0 sGPA and 3.1 overall and my DAT might not be enough to compensate my GPAs. I know 21 is a good score but I was hoping for higher score and after I saw the scores I felt nauseous. Any advice?

nauseous? lol...ur dat is good dude. you have a chance to get in, just make sure you already applied and applied to alot. do u have lots of shadowing?

I wouldn't re-take. You could improve on the sciences, but your RC stands out as fantastic. The filler section of QR brought up your AA. I would say take more classes and get A's in them for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't re-take. You could improve on the sciences, but your RC stands out as fantastic. The filler section of QR brought up your AA. I would say take more classes and get A's in them for now.

yes def. not a retake. you destroyed that RC

nauseous? lol...ur dat is good dude. you have a chance to get in, just make sure you already applied and applied to alot. do u have lots of shadowing?

I have about 100 hours. I applied to about 20 schools. I don't know, I was talking to some friends from school who are already in d-school and they suggested I retake but I don't want to go through studying for the test again :(.

I have about 100 hours. I applied to about 20 schools. I don't know, I was talking to some friends from school who are already in d-school and they suggested I retake but I don't want to go through studying for the test again :(.

I would not retake with 21AA. Your scores are well-balanced where every section is ~20. Don't feel discouraged. If anything, take more classes to boost your cumulative GPA like other people suggested.

Your scores are too high to risk a retake. You are already in the 93 % tile. I am confident you will definitely get some interviews.