DAT Done 9/12/10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaye1der

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my scores:

PA: 18
QR: 19
RC: 19
BS: 21
GC: 26
OC: 30
TS: 24 :love:
AA: 23 :love:

I couldn't believe my scores. I have been studying for 3 months and I think it paid off?!? I wanted to say thank you for everyone's opinion on this forum. I pretty much check this forum everyday for new information. Here's the break down:

BIO: Used cliff's AP, Barron's AP Bio, Campbell, Youtube Videos, Wikipedia, Kaplan, Destroyer

The questions were simple and straightforward. I don't think it was random like everyone else said. I got several questions regarding embryology and ecology.

G.Chem: Used AP chemistry book, Chad's video, Kaplan, and destroyer

Very basic, nothing tricky. Destroyer is all you need. I got mostly calculations, a couple concepts.

O.Chem: Used Kaplan and Destroyer

Super basic, all reactions are not complicated, most is 2 steps reactions.

PA: Used 10 CDP tests, scoring average of 20

Keyhole: Oh god, nothing like CDP
TFE: way worse than CDP
Angle: doable
Hole Punch: easier than CDP
Cube Counting: about 12-15 cubes, easier than CDP, no illusions
Pattern folding: easier than CDP

RC: Used Topscore and Achiever.

I was praying not to get Piano, but when I clicked END to my break, there it was PIANO. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!! I kept my cool. Other two passages were doable. It was an interesting read. I could have done worse, but I looked at a video on PIANO: how it is made on youtube posted by one of the SDNers. It helped!!!!!! My method for RC: read the whole passage and answer all the questions. I finished on time no problem. English is my second language :p

QR: Used Math Destroyer, Kaplan

I don't know what happened here :confused:, Math Destroyer didn't do good for me. I did really well on Destroyer. My brain was just tired and I just wanted to get the whole test over with...the first half, forgot that there was a calculator option...waste some time doing calculations...ended up guessing many* questions...

Overall, I wish I had every section above 20, but what you gonna do? I am very happy with my scores since I lost my appetite during the three months of study and sleep deprived (DAT haunts me at night when I sleep). I couldn't sleep last night and couldn't eat this morning. Went to the test center with empty stomach. After, I had a very big meal (yummy Thai food). Do you guys think that the 18 and 19's will look bad??? I am only applying for UW (I have a good reason). I have 3.4 sGPA, 3.7 BCP, and 3.7 oGPA, 1 year of research, lots of community service/volunteer, good amount of extracurricular, great letter of recommendations.

I AM GLAD THE DAT IS OVER!!!!!!!!! NOW I CAN SLEEP:sleep: AND EAT WELL AND FOCUS ON MY BIOCHEM CLASS, I think I failed my last quiz :(

Members don't see this ad.

Nice scores!
I have a quick question, I have both Cliffs and Barron's AP Bio and have read through Barron's but only a little of the Cliff's AP Bio.
My test is in two weeks.....if you were me would you go over Barron's two more times or go through Barron's once and also Cliffs once.
I would really appreciate your feedback. Bio is freaking me out lol

Congratulations!!! I totally agree with you about Bio, it was not random on my test at all! And I also agree with you a 100% on the PAT breakdown!

Nice scores!
I have a quick question, I have both Cliffs and Barron's AP Bio and have read through Barron's but only a little of the Cliff's AP Bio.
My test is in two weeks.....if you were me would you go over Barron's two more times or go through Barron's once and also Cliffs once.
I would really appreciate your feedback. Bio is freaking me out lol

I would read both Barron's and Cliff's b/c one might have some information that is not presented in the other. The more sources you study, the better. Recommendation: for some stuff you think you won't remember, make a mnemonic device. For example: MOST for proton gradient in cell resp. & photosynthesis: Matrix > Outer compartment....Stroma > Thylakoid space. Or something a little bit funnier...I couldn't remember the def. of ligament and tendon, always get them confused...so one day I saw my dogs play with bone, so DOG licks two bones... b/c ligament connects bone to bone...hehe... Hope this helps...I think Barron's and Cliff's enough to get a 20+, but make sure you understand the overall concepts..