DAT done 9/2 + breakdown... looks like a retake :( :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marina1285

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I don't know how much you want a breakdown from me cause obviously I have to retake and I basically want to pretty much crawl under a rock and die... here are my scores :bang:

PAT: 19
QR: 13 :(
RC: 21 (the only good one)
Bio: 18
GC: 16 :beat: I dont even know how this happened
OC: 18

TS: 17
AA: 17

Bio: HARD!!!!!!!!!! this was the one section i thought i was going to destroy... i'm a bio major and this was what i studied the most. soooo freakin random omg... i got sooo many like biotech questions... like having to do with lab techcniques and things like electrophoresis and that kind of stuff... lot of application questions where you really need a strong foundation in bio to even attempt. i was surprised at this section... it was kind of like achiever i would say... TS was easier in this section however. there were def some easy ones... developmental bio is important... i got nothing about plants!!!! i spent sooo much time of those f'n plants and not a single question!!! WTF... some physiology, def know your biochem. what can i say... know everything and don't skip out on lab stuff.. i had like 5 lab questions i had no idea how to answer

I used: destroyer, cliff's ap bio, barron's ap bio, cambells textbook, and kaplan blue book (don't bother it's not enough)

Gen Chem: I don't know what happened here... all conceptual... like 4 calculations which were easy and i know i got those... all you had to do was set them up... no computation whatsoever. uhhh i dont know what to say i can't believe i got a 16

Orgo: this was easy, i got an 18 which is no good but if you know basic sn1, sn2, e1, e2 you will be fine. I had 3 spectroscopy questions :( no so nice. and i think i messed up on the two questions i had about lab stuff... the reactions were eeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssyyyyyyyy... it was the lab stuff and spectroscopy and some other concept stuff that got me here... destroyer is good... but what i found was even better than destroyer was examkrackers 1001 organic chem q's for the mcat. i mean i dont know i didn't do that well so maybe don't listen to me. Topscore is veryyy accurate for orgo right on point.

PAT: easy... get crack dat pat and practice practice practice... i thought i was going to get like a 25 but the one problem was the pattern folding were impossible. i'm not kidding... impossible.
in comparison to CDP.... everything was much easier than CDP except for pattern folding, which was not at all like it :( crazzzy shapes that you really had to picture folded in your mind. i was so excited until i got to that section :(

RC: i didn't get frapped or pianooed... i got awesome passages about fungi, american crocidiles and another one i don't remember. Search and destroy baby. although i really would have liked to actually have read the passages they were very interesting.

QR: no words for this ridic section.... 15 &%^%$^%$^$#(*@(#&$(#@ word problems 15!!!!!!!!! i guessed on every single one cause i had to answer the other ones ummm yea impossible. i hate math

So obviously i have to retake. omg i really don't want to :( :( i can't believe that after busting my ***** for 3 months i have to do it all over again, especially during the school year.

should i take the kaplan course.. i mean how am i going to practice i don't have anymore topscore or achiever tests and i went through the destroyer 3 times :( what to do?????????? let me know what you guys think

BTW i really appreciate you guys in here, i dont post that often but this is an awesome network and i hope you guys all get in :)

Members don't see this ad.

It's ok, I bombed the DATs the first time I took it too. You'll do great next time, believe me. It's something about being hit hard makes you wanna come back up even stronger. Stay motivated and keep studying and refreshing the material you already know until your retake! good luck.

Pardon me for my ignorance but when I saw your QR score, I confused it with the MCAT scale in which a 13 would be a very high percentile. I thought, wow beauty and brains do exist...In all seriousness, did you really receive a scaled score of 13 in Quantitative Reasoning section? According to my conversion chart provided the good people at Kaplan, that equates to 12/40? Are you serious?

Good job in Reading Comprehension and PAT though.

Regards,

HBG

Pardon me for my ignorance but when I saw your QR score, I confused it with the MCAT scale in which a 13 would be a very high percentile. I thought, wow beauty and brains do exist...In all seriousness, did you really receive a scaled score of 13 in Quantitative Reasoning section? According to my conversion chart provided the good people at Kaplan, that equates to 12/40? Are you serious?

Regards,

HBG

wow... way to make me feel even worse than i already feel... i could have inflated my score like so many people do on this website but i don't see the point in lying, i thought people would be a little more sympathetic. i already have to waste another 3 months of my life studying for this again.

Members don't see this ad :)

Regards,

HBG

First destroyer advertising and now trolls. :thumbdown:

don't sweat it the first time I took the DAT I got an 18

It just made me really really pissed so I studied my ***** off then got a 25....just take it personally and study 10x harder and destroy it next time

Well I don't know how much you want a breakdown from me cause obviously I have to retake and I basically want to pretty much crawl under a rock and die... here are my scores :bang:

Bio: HARD!!!!!!!!!! this was the one section i thought i was going to destroy... i'm a bio major and this was what i studied the most. soooo freakin random omg... i got sooo many like biotech questions... like having to do with lab techcniques and things like electrophoresis and that kind of stuff... lot of application questions where you really need a strong foundation in bio to even attempt. i was surprised at this section... it was kind of like achiever i would say... TS was easier in this section however. there were def some easy ones... developmental bio is important... i got nothing about plants!!!! i spent sooo much time of those f'n plants and not a single question!!! WTF... some physiology, def know your biochem. what can i say... know everything and don't skip out on lab stuff.. i had like 5 lab questions i had no idea how to answer

I used: destroyer, cliff's ap bio, barron's ap bio, cambells textbook, and kaplan blue book (don't bother it's not enough)

Gen Chem: I don't know what happened here... all conceptual... like 4 calculations which were easy and i know i got those... all you had to do was set them up... no computation whatsoever. uhhh i dont know what to say i can't believe i got a 16

Orgo: this was easy, i got an 18 which is no good but if you know basic sn1, sn2, e1, e2 you will be fine. I had 3 spectroscopy questions :( no so nice. and i think i messed up on the two questions i had about lab stuff... the reactions were eeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssyyyyyyyy... it was the lab stuff and spectroscopy and some other concept stuff that got me here... destroyer is good... but what i found was even better than destroyer was examkrackers 1001 organic chem q's for the mcat. i mean i dont know i didn't do that well so maybe don't listen to me. Topscore is veryyy accurate for orgo right on point.

PAT: easy... get crack dat pat and practice practice practice... i thought i was going to get like a 25 but the one problem was the pattern folding were impossible. i'm not kidding... impossible.
in comparison to CDP.... everything was much easier than CDP except for pattern folding, which was not at all like it :( crazzzy shapes that you really had to picture folded in your mind. i was so excited until i got to that section :(

RC: i didn't get frapped or pianooed... i got awesome passages about fungi, american crocidiles and another one i don't remember. Search and destroy baby. although i really would have liked to actually have read the passages they were very interesting.

QR: no words for this ridic section.... 15 &%^%$^%$^$#(*@(#&$(#@ word problems 15!!!!!!!!! i guessed on every single one cause i had to answer the other ones ummm yea impossible. i hate math

So obviously i have to retake. omg i really don't want to :( :( i can't believe that after busting my ***** for 3 months i have to do it all over again, especially during the school year.

should i take the kaplan course.. i mean how am i going to practice i don't have anymore topscore or achiever tests and i went through the destroyer 3 times :( what to do?????????? let me know what you guys think

BTW i really appreciate you guys in here, i dont post that often but this is an awesome network and i hope you guys all get in :)

Hi there! Do not feel so down!
I am struggle with math right now, that is why i delay must test until late Sept. If you retake, i suggest you practice on SAT math books or if you have kaplan online, do workshops there. It is really hard but i think it will prepare us well.
At least you knock other areas down, the next time you need to concentrate only on gchem and math.
Awesome RC score!!
Good luck!!!

Regards,

HBG

Are you done bashing?

Regards,

HBG

Your grades weren't inflated enough to get into Harvard Dent?

oh yeah def take the kaplan course, they give you a ton of practice subject tests and like 5 full length practice tests with the online material....for all areas except PAT kaplan is def top notch...

The online materials is really what makes it worth it...

Achillies... do you know how often kaplan changes thier subject tests because my friend gave me all the subject tests and if they are the same i dont know if i want to spend all that money for the same tests.

This sucks, i really wanted to make it in this cycle and not waste a year. what about umdnj (my state school) do i even have a miniscule chance? what if i tell them i'm planning a retake... dec is so late :( :( :(

ah na I don't know that....I don't know if the course is worth the money if you've already done the online material.

did you use achiever??? Other then kaplan + topscore thats the only other testing resource I can think of.

Where are you from and where are you applying??? You might still want to submit an app then just retake the DAT in 3 months and go for broke anyway.

Yea that's the problem, I already did achiever, topscore everything!!!!

I'm from NJ,

I have a year of research experience with typhodont tooth functional morphology (typhodont= type of dinosaur)

I've been a dental assistant for 3 years

50 volunteer hours

i work 30 hours a week... waitress, bartender and certified home health aide (help old people)

sci gpa 3.49
overall gpa 3.68

I already sent in my app in july i was just waiting to send in my dat scores. but now i don't know what to do... call the schools and tell them i'm retaking. omg. i can't believe this. i'm not going to get in this cycle and waste a year. maybe i should take the princeton review course??? what do you think???

maybe u just got a really hard version of the test which is not indicative of your abilities...how were u scoring on the practice exams? gl

Members don't see this ad :)
hey there,

im sorry u didn't do as well as u wanted but dont compare urself to everyone on SDN..btw, harvardbiojerk..ur an @$$.

i think u should do a retake, a 17 isn't good enough to be honest.. i did crappy my first time to, but like i tell everyone, the best practice is taking the dAT itself.. restudy again but make sure u REALLY read and understand. use one source at a time and have Destroyer supplement you so u know what to focus on..it looks like u have a lot of great sources but really utilize it.. and use Schaum's Outline Biology. it helped me go from 17 to a 22!
Kaplan Course is ok in my opinion, it really depends on ur instructor..mine was GREAT!! and the stuff they give u (practice tests) are great too... i think kaplan is only necessary if u have a hard time staying focused and if u don't know what the heck the dat is..

don't forget, next time u take it, u have an advantage cuz u TOOK it before..so go in with confidence!
for nwo..take a breather..relax.. and u'll be ok =)

I'm from NJ,

I have a year of research experience with typhodont tooth functional morphology (typhodont= type of dinosaur)

50 volunteer hours

i work 30 hours a week... waitress, bartender and certified home health aide (help old people)

sci gpa 3.49
overall gpa 3.68

I already sent in my app in july i was just waiting to send in my dat scores. but now i don't know what to do... call the schools and tell them i'm retaking. omg. i can't believe this. i'm not going to get in this cycle and waste a year. maybe i should take the princeton review course??? what do you think???

Would you mind letting us know what your achiever and topscore scores were?

I'm from NJ,

50 volunteer hours

sci gpa 3.49
overall gpa 3.68

yeah I'd submit the apps then call the schools and explain your retaking. I'd sign up for the DATs ASAP and start your studying right away. Take what you remember from this time around and don't make similar mistakes again. I'd take the PR course since you really need practice tests. Also there is a practice test on the ADEA website. I was going to say if you were from new york I'd help you but I am up in Buffalo away from my home on long island.

You sound like a hard worker and I hate to see things not workout for people who really try. Like I said the odds are in your favor this could have been a freak event. Step up your game and come back 10x harder.

Someone once told me "champions don't fight because they believe they can win, they just don't know how to give up." I thought it was ******ed the first time I heard it but over the last year of my life its been starting to mean alot more.

Like I said take it personally thats what I did with mine and it payed off. Study what you remember from the DAT first and foremost then go back to square one and do it again.

You have a good GPA and extras there is only one thing slowing you down, I wish I had a good undergrad GPA thats whats holding me back and I hope my grad GPA and DAT can make up for it, so even people who you think have it in the bag may not, just don't give up and it will work out.

I'm from NJ,

50 volunteer hours

sci gpa 3.49
overall gpa 3.68

Study harder and smarter and nail the DATs next time. Also, if you can find a friend with Kaplan online materials they might let u sneak a peak or something. Or you can buy JUST the online materials for like $300. But I highly doubt they change their online materials from year to year.

I think its about learning from your mistakes, that is most important. Like if you do a problem and get it wrong study it why until you fully understand it. Also, imo I think doing tons of practice problems is what helps the most. Obviously it depends on the type of person you are, but for me that is how I learn the best.

Don't let it get you down if being a denst, if that is truely what you want to be in life. Just constantly picture your goal, and do whatever it takes to achieve that goal. And when things get tough just picture your goal in your mind to help you get motivated. Best of luck to you!

Regards,

HBG

give the guy a break, QR can be really hard for some people including me. i bombed it on some practice tests like 13-15. and i was happy with my 16 in QR on the real DAT. it was my weakest area. not every on has been gifted in math, or word problems. give me 2 hours and ill get most of the questins right, but not in 45mins. math has just always been my weakest area and im happy with my 16. i do agree that with a 13 a retake is in order

Hey there, sorry to hear about your scores. I just took the test for the third time so imaging how i felt. I will tell you that i got a 15aa the first time and thought its cool just study a lil more and the 2nd time got a 16aa. Ill tell you that getting those scores really really hurt so i know what your going threw, but i will tell you that motivated the **** out of me and just studied all day and really this time tried to absorb the info and understand it instead of just reading and doing tests. any help or any kind of questions please feel free to pm me.

Some people get in Dental Schools with a 17 AA, so while you could retake the exam this year (which wouldn't hurt), you could also wait to see how you do and if you get any interviews (the passive option as opposed to retaking).

thanks for your words of encouragment guys, i appreciate it. Yeah i'm definatly going to retake but i already applied so the schools are going to see this score and i think dec 2 (my birthday+the first day i can retake the dat) is way too late to hold my app. i'll retake that day anyways just in case and in hopes that i will get in next cycle.

my TS scores were EXACTELY the same as my dat scores, except on average i was getting 16's and 17's on the math and 17-18 gen chem. so like

bio 18
gc 17
orgo 18
reading 21
pat 20
qr 16

i honestly thought i was going to get like 1 or 2 points better on that dat and that would put me at like 19 or 20s in the sciences and i was hoping for a 15 in qr cause math is not my thing

anyways back to the books school starts tommorow :(

Regards,

HBG

wow harvardbiograd...people like you are the reason other people who are really looking for help and support never get anywhere, and end up discouraged or embarrassed about something tons of people go through. if you can't say anything constructive then go gloat about your amazing quantitive reasoning scores under the forum section "who gives a ****"

Just take your time to study and retake it in Dec. You will still have a chance. The first time you take a big test like the DAT, it is nerve wrecking. I know it first hand. The first time I took the MCAT, I thought I soiled my pants during the test, but luckily I did not and did well too. Anyway, just concentrate on your weaknesses, but don't forget your strengths. Good luck.

re-take...its okay........we are all here to help each other...!!.......

im sorry hopefully upon retake youll do better like achilles.
but then again as we said last time you'd make one hell of a stripper, i'd be happy to do business with you then.

Last edited:
Hey marina I guess we all had this crazy test I got a 17 aa also and a 19 ts but a 15 pat so I'm kinda upset bout that I knew pat would be the hardest for me beside Qr which was impossiblleeee!! I put my head down also when I saw all those crazy questions..lol but keep on trying I'm still applying this cycle just to see what my chances are hey u never know its always not about your scores so just try. UMDNJ is my top school also so I say go for it !!

Hey there!

I think we had the same version exam! Yes the QR section was harsh!!! I basically guessed on all the word problems too! We have the same QR score hahah Im planning on retaking as well! GL to us!

I believe SDN is a great place where pre-professional students as well as health professionals can share their honest opinions. Is this an online Alcoholics Anonymous meeting where we have to find o9nly positives and be supportive and congratulate the fact that a member hasn't touched alcohol in the last two days? I call it the way I see it and if you don't appreciate my opinion that's fine but please don't tell me I should think or act a certain way.

HarvardBio, please do not discourage people. We are here for the same purpose, get in Dental School.
We know it is a forum and opinions can be shared, but remember people spend years trying to achieve the goal of getting in dental school and when others laugh at their scores, it is very easy to put them down.

If RC indicates anything, I think we had the same exam too. (Not sure if this is legal to say???) But anyways, I got the same RC as you - 21! Nice job on that. I got a 19AA 19TS, not as good as I wanted, so I know where you're coming from. I wanted to at least got a 20 in the TS, but yeahhh.. it was rough. If you do decide to retake, best of luck to you!

I think I had the same version as you except I got frapped... the biology was like 2 simple question and rest all applications. I got a 26 on bio the day before the real exam on kaplan final and got a 18 on the real thing. this was my second time taking it. Gchem was also hard because I had a lot of application questions. Ochem like 4 spect questions and also application question. I wish I would've gotten ur RC scores because I got a 17 on RC becasue frap. Be postiive and think of it this way: you have already taken the hardest exam there is so the next time it will be straight forward...Its all about luck.. some ppl say they had the easiest exam possible while some are in the same boat as me & u. don't worry I know u have to retake but I think u already got the hardest version and next one will be easy. Don't ask around too much for advise, it will just make it worsefor you; you know what you gotta do. good luck.

W
I think I had the same version as you except I got frapped... the biology was like 2 simple question and rest all applications. I got a 26 on bio the day before the real exam on kaplan final and got a 18 on the real thing. this was my second time taking it. Gchem was also hard because I had a lot of application questions. Ochem like 4 spect questions and also application question. I wish I would've gotten ur RC scores because I got a 17 on RC becasue frap. Be postiive and think of it this way: you have already taken the hardest exam there is so the next time it will be straight forward...Its all about luck.. some ppl say they had the easiest exam possible while some are in the same boat as me & u. don't worry I know u have to retake but I think u already got the hardest version and next one will be easy. Don't ask around too much for advise, it will just make it worsefor you; you know what you gotta do. good luck.

It seems like we all had same version of exam on 09/02 .... I got frapped too..!! I made 17 on RC too with that ethics passage. I am not very hopeful for this cycle.

Don't worry Marina ... we'll retake on the same day again 12/02....!!

Disgusted by Frap DAT..!!

hey marina, i respect you for posting your scores even though you were not happy..good luck the next time!

anyways, it seems that a bunch of you took a DAT that is harder than others..and that sucks..does anyone know around how many different tests there are, and what the chances are of getting this version?

I took my exam on 9/02 as well...but i didn't have FRAP (I had drug addiction, physical therapy, and genes/cancer)

Keep your head up Marina...if you want to be a dentist...then you'll be one. But you must realize that there are plenty of jobs out there that are higher paying. Don't let this get you down....there are millions of standardized tests out there...why is this one so special?

When you start studying again....after each practice question, just close your eyes, and explain to yourself what you've just learned, and try to make connections with similar things you've already learned. It's like a chain of understanding...

Regards,

HBG

HBG... you really know how to talk to the ladies, very smooth, you must have a lot of women chasing after you. I know Marina personally and I can tell you that she is a very intelligent and driven student, she got nervous on the test and it shows in her scores. If you are unable to learn to convey your thoughts tactfully, your career in dentistry is going to be very short.

Oh, and by the way, there is no QR on the MCAT.

Last edited:
hbg... You really know how to talk to the ladies, very smooth, you must have a lot of women chasing after you. I know marina personally and i can tell you that she is a very intelligent and driven student, she got nervous on the test and it shows in her scores. If you are unable to learn to convey your thoughts tactfully, your career in dentistry is going to be very short.

Oh, and by the way, there is no qr on the mcat.

owned --------> hbg

owned --------> hbg
Um, OK?.

HBG... you really know how to talk to the ladies, very smooth, you must have a lot of women chasing after you. I know Marina personally and I can tell you that she is a very intelligent and driven student, she got nervous on the test and it shows in her scores. If you are unable to learn to convey your thoughts tactfully, your career in dentistry is going to be very short.

Oh, and by the way, there is no QR on the MCAT.
I won't address your immature remarks personally attacking me.
I think your opinion of Ms. Marina couldn't be more wrong. I do not know her personally so I can't comment on her work ethic but I am absolutely sure "very intelligent" should not be used to describe her. "Naturally not good at math?" what does that even mean? Yes, some people are more inclined to excel in certain areas, and if you're not as gifted as those people, you will have to put in more effort to make up for that difference - which Ms. Marina has failed to do.

She clearly does not belong here. I still can't comprehend how bad a 13 QR is, that's getting 12 questions out of 40 right. That's getting 28 questions wrong out of 40 questions or receiving a 30% on a test. A similar result could be achieved by guessing on every question with a little bit of luck. In addition, when I consider the difficulty level of QR on the DAT, it boggles my mind how she even achieved a high enough score on the math portion of the SAT to gain an admission to a college.

I, like many others going to dental school, am a combination of natural intelligence and hard work that reach a certain select level. On top of my natural abilities, I personally worked too hard to get to where I am. It offends me a great deal when I have to consider someone like Ms. Marina, who cannot perform basic math, a peer of mine.

I don't think my sentiments are harsh at all, it's just reality. Don't make excuses, only the end result matters. Try your hardest but when it the end, if you can't play with the big boys, look for a different path. Save me the crap about having a passion and love for the field of dentistry and teeth in general. I personally love the game of basketball more than anything and I've never wanted something so bad. I was passionate and I cherished the game a lot more than some of these NBA players who are only in it for the money. But I lacked the natural god given athleticism and height. And you know what, at the end of the day, my best wasn't good enough to make up for that deficit and I accepted it. Granted, becoming a dentist takes a lot less natural abilities than making it in the NBA and it really depends more on your work ethic. So I really have no sympathy at all to those aspiring dental students who can't cut it. To borrow the words of Grammy award winning artist Mr. Timberlake, Cry Me a River.

Regards,

HBG

Last edited:
Um, OK?.

I think your opinion of Ms. Marina couldn't be more wrong. I do not know her personally so I can't comment on her work ethic but I am absolutely sure "very intelligent" should not be used to describe her. "Naturally not good at math?" what does that even mean? Yes, some people are more inclined to excel in certain areas, and if you're not as gifted as those people, you will have to put in more effort to make up for that difference - which Ms. Marina has failed to do.

She clearly does not belong here. I still can't comprehend how bad a 13 QR is, that's getting 12 questions out of 40 right. That's getting 28 questions wrong out of 40 questions or receiving a 30% on a test. A similar result could be achieved by guessing on every question with a little bit of luck. In addition, when I consider the difficulty level of QR on the DAT, it boggles my mind how she even achieved a high enough score on the math portion of the SAT to gain an admission to a college.

I, like many others going to dental school, am a combination of natural intelligence and hard work that reach a certain select level. On top of my natural abilities, I personally worked too hard to get to where I am. It offends me a great deal when I have to consider someone like Ms. Marina, who cannot perform basic math, a peer of mine.

I don't think my sentiments are harsh at all, it's just reality. Don't make excuses, only the end result matters. Try your hardest but when it the end, if you can't play with the big boys, look for a different path. Save me the crap about having a passion and love for the field of dentistry and teeth in general. I personally love the game of basketball more than anything and I've never wanted something so bad. I was passionate and I cherished the game a lot more than some of these NBA players who are only in it for the money. But I lacked the natural god given athleticism and height. And you know what, at the end of the day, my best wasn't good enough to make up for that deficit and I accepted it. Granted, becoming a dentist takes a lot less natural abilities than making it in the NBA and it really depends more on your work ethic. So I really have no sympathy at all to those aspiring dental students who can't cut it. To borrow the words of Grammy award winning artist Mr. Timberlake, Cry Me a River.

Regards,

HBG

With comments like that, you will not last long on these boards buddy, and when you're gone, it will be a much better place.

With comments like that, you will not last long on these boards buddy, and when you're gone, it will be a much better place.

Just click the "Report a Post" button on the bottom left hand corner of HBG's post and bring it to the attention of the mod. I agree, he will not last long here.

Um, OK?.

Regards,

HBG

Like the previous poster said, you won't last much longer.
:banned:soon enough

First off i want to say to the pretty OP that I'm sorry to hear that you didn't do as well as you wanted. Its okay, it happens but the important thing is not giving up. I know you are already a determined person but I have to use this quote. hehe.

Anyone see the most recent Rocky movie?

Its not about how HARD you hit, but its about how HARD you get HIT and keep moving forward. This was obviously a major blow to you. But you know what you'll get back up on your feet, retake that exam and do well.

I'm sure you'll do fine the 2nd time around. Don't let these bullies get you down.

To HBG (sounds like a rapper to me haha :laugh:) you need to chill the f**k out. You are only accentuating the stereotype of IVY leaguers as being arrogant and vain. So yes if you want to stick around SDN which is one the greatest if not the greatest resource for pre-dental students, then I suggest you cease your ridiculous comments.

Well, if you do retake, you'll certainly be over prepared the 2nd time. So that's a positive thought.

Also..how would you compare the bio section to kaplan's subject tests?

The comments he made are ridiculous. I myself got a 14 on the QR, so does that mean I can't do math? I had a 94% average in calculus, i just don't remember a lot of the more basic math that I encountered on the DAT, not to mention you have to go really fast because you are being timed. I prepared the least for QR and I knew I was going to get a low score there, I wanted to invest more time in the sciences, where I did very well. Saying someone can't do math because of ONE test on ONE day? I would expect someone of your "caliber" to have more wisdom than that, HBG.

Well, HBG, your comment certainly confirms the ivy league stereotype. My dentist took the DAT's three times and barely made an average score on the third attempt and has now been practicing 20 years and while I don't know how much he makes, it's enough to put two kids through private colleges, live in a mansion and drive around a BMW Z. What gets him the patients is not his DAT score, it's his compassionate nature to his patients, his ability to interact with people and his love of dentistry. So you can take your fantastic QR score and your disgusting personality and see how many patients you are going to get. I'm not even going to defend my intelligence to you because I think you are the most ridiculous human being I have ever heard speak and I sincerely hope the Adcoms see right through you at your interview. I consider myself an ethical person who doesn't bash on others but I am deeply ashamed to have YOU as my peer.