Dat done 9/2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

munecaDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so this is for all the normal DAT takers here .. I know SDN has some great scores but im satisfied with mine its good to be done hopefully i will get in somewhere ... pref UMDNJ or NYU...
ok here it goes

DAT 1 DAT 2 today
PAT 14 15:(:(:(:(:(
QR 14 14 ooh well seems everyone gets this
RC 17 17
Bio 16 18
Gchem 13 19
Orgo 15 18
TS 15 19
AA 15 17

ok so im average i have a 3.4 gpa what do you think my chances are i just wished i did better in PAT but im not good at it no matter how hard i try.

Break down
PAT --hard for me but i used CDP and it seemed similar to it hole punching seemed a little easier so i though... but i was getting a 15's on CDP
QR -- ridiculously HARD no topscore Destroyer or Acheiver can prepare u for this i personally thought this section was soo hard
RC- i though i was going to get at least a 20 all my top score and achiever were above 20 but i had these three hard passages with so many tone questions... ugh i wasn't prepared for that one on exercise , one on drugs and the other i cant remember....
Bio -- Cliffs AP bio and destroyer was what i mainly used alot of questions from destroyer i also used princton review mcat books so diversify here ... some direct questions and a couple application ones ... didn't get any hormones tho.. a couple of embryology nothing to hard no plants thank god and nothing on respiration or photosynthesis i was soo mad studied that for soo long ... pretty happy with my score i was usually getting 15 on top score and achiever

G chem -- omg i was sure i got a 12 while i was doing this section i was most surprised that this was my highest score. Alot of conceptual and easy calculation . A couple of hard ones tho that i had no idea

O chem - pretty good there were a couple of hard lab techniques, nmr, silica gel questions so review lab stuff other than that pretty easy ...

i used destroyer, topscore, CDP, Acheiver 1001 exam crackers in gchem and o chem and my old college books.... ok now what do u guys think my chances are at umdnj or nyu i know pats low but everything else is ok i think ... if anyone has an questions feel free to ask....

Members don't see this ad.

I just want to say..nice improvement!!! You gotta proud that you've improved so much.

Anyways, nice scores...if you applied to many schools you should get in somewhere.....just nail the interviews...if they like you..your golden. Your main goal is to be a good dentist! Show them what you're made of..

If schools like NYU or UMDNJ don't have specific cutoffs for things like PAT..then I think you will be OK considering you have acceptable GPA and impress them at the interview...don't worry!!! Just keep your head up and hope for the best.. The worst thing that can happen is that you retake the DAT's and apply again next year....Just hope for an interview, and show them that you're passionate about D-School.

Keep your head up. Over the mountain is a clear view. Just believe you can succeed. Peace.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks i hope so to i had a erally hard test i think from reading otherpost from 9/2 seems like we all had the same version and they dont seem to happy about it...

uh oh..i dont like that PAT and AA.. other than that..good science scores
I think you have a chance but consider a retake and aim 19+
I'm hoping for an interview at NYU and UMDNJ too!! GL

ughhh we def had the same test... NO PLANT STUFF WTF????????? read my break down... i'm also applying to UMDNJ and NYU maybe by some grace of god i can get an interview, im a bartender i know how to bs with people. anyways... pm me if you want to talk about it... i'm kinda in your shoes i guess. you did much better in gen chem than me though i bombed that section :(