DAT done(again) 7/08/08

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chga

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This was my third dat take
1st dat
PA 20
QR 18
RC 15(frapped)<--- what ****** wrote the ethics passage
Bio 18
GC 20
OC 19
TS 19
AA 18

unsatisfied with my reading score I decided to try it a second time
2nd dat
PA 18
QR 17
RC 18
Bio 17
GC 22
OC 19
TS 19
AA 19

since i am a bio major and my bio score went dont I decided to take it again a third time
PA 20
QR 17
RC 18
Bio 19
GC 22
OC 22
TS 21
AA 20

I am going to say what everyone else says.
1. DO NOT PANIC:D
2. Practice Destroyer(understand it):thumbup:
3. Also Practice TS, Achiever
although TS and Achiever are not accurate, they do a very good simulation of the test.

Ill write more later. If you have any questions post em here.

Members don't see this ad.

You took it three times as fast as you could? Did you ever apply? Your top one looked pretty good depending on your GPA and what schools you applied I would think you could get in with those....

so you got frapped the first time right? did you get the same test in your second or third try? Knowing my luck I'll probably get stuck with that test again :(

Members don't see this ad :)
No, i didnt get the same test.
My first dat was jun 2007,
second dat was jan 2008
third was today jul 2008

Your third score definitely looks better than the first 2. Having taken the test 3 times, did you ever see any repeat or near repeat questions?

Maybe you should take it another like 5 times lol and then you will get like a 24 aa. Each time your grade goes up by a point. Great job and you shouldnt have any problems gettin in.

You mean you had the FRAP test last june? They have had the ethics passage hanging out there for a year? OMG

They have had the ethics passage hanging out there for a year? OMG

Yeah, you future takers are doomed.........j/k. :D

I'm sure ADA have at least 10 versions of tests since people could take as many times as they want just a few years ago. 1/10 chance isn't too bad. Just look for a 4 leaf clover on the day before the exam. :luck:

Hey congrats on the DAT scores!

How did you change up your study methods each time you took it??

You mean you had the FRAP test last june? They have had the ethics passage hanging out there for a year? OMG

Wow that's scary...i don't even remember what my passages were a year ago but I do remember noting that the RC section was harder than usual and my RC score dropped ~ 2 pts from my practice test....maybe I was FRAPPED?? oh well lol:cool:

hey great job

what do you mean by saying that TS and achiever are not "accurate"??? harder, easier???

Thanks and good luck

Hey congrats on the DAT scores!

How did you change up your study methods each time you took it??

I didnt change up my methods,
the first time i didnt finish what i started... i only took like 1 Topscore test and 2 achiever tests. Also only covered like 70 questions in each section of Destroyer.
The second time to try and get a higher Bio score... i read the entire Campbell Biology book... which was good but obviously i didnt retain it all. The time in between the first and second test I tutored General Chemistry so that helped alot.
The third time I went back to my old study methods but decided to finish it all
i read Schuams Bio Review book, covered entire Destroyer only did 150 questions in bio section and did all the Topscore and Achiever tests.
Since I knew I had to work on my reading, I read what ever i could get my hands on.

hey great job

what do you mean by saying that TS and achiever are not "accurate"??? harder, easier???

Thanks and good luck

Here what I mean by not accurate.
TS1 score
Bio 17
Chem 19
Ochem 19
RC 16
TS 19
didn take the other subjects
TS2 Score
Bio 18
Chem 19