DAT DONE!!!! Breakdown!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umichdentalhope

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I spent a lot of time going on the forums here for help, and I just finished and did well so I feel I should repay the favor. Breakdown follows!

Bio-22 (95.9%)
Gen. Chem- 22 (91.8%)
O.Chem- 24 (95.7%)
PAT- 21 (87.9%)
RC-25 (97%)
QR-23 (98.8%)
TS-23 (97.8%)
AA-23 (98.7%)

I almost had a heart attack waiting for the scores to load! So for the bio, I'm a bio major and love biology. I really didn't study it very much. I took out my brother's old AP bio book and looked at sections I had consistently scored poorly in. I also used DATQVault and I averaged around a 21 on there so I felt it's an accurate representation of the test.

For the chemistries, I relied heavily on Chad's Videos and DAT Destroyer! Like everyone says they are amazing!

For RC, I never did any prep for this. I just would read the whole passage and not do S&D and what not. That was my strategy...just read it! Of course, if you aren't a fast enough reader, then find what works for you.

Math: MATH Destroyer all the way! I hadn't scored higher than 20 or 21 on those tests so seeing this was a surprise. I didn't even get to finish the last two problems on the test.

PAT: I am sooooo ecstatic about this score! For this section, CDP all the way! I scored 16 and 17 on the first few tests to 18 and then back to 17 and then back to 18 and so on until test 7. I was getting very fed up and disheartened. So I started going thoroughly over my mistakes and then I still didn't see any improvement! Then, I saw Ross' PAT Videos and his cube counting technique helped so much! Granted, I never scored lower than 12 on the section before, but every question matters! Also, the Keyhole section was great. If you can do the cube counting and hole punching on CDP you are set!

Going to be a junior and I have a 3.93 GPA and 3.8 science GPA! GOOD LUCK TO ALL STUDYING FOR THIS TEST! Most importantly, don't forget to have fun! I went to Egypt and Turkey while studying for this test. You need to have a life! If you have any questions, PM me!

One more thing, this is a question though. If I am going to apply next summer, will my DAT scores be automatically uploaded to my account so AADSAS will have it or what? I'm just wondering if there is anything I need to do at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I spent a lot of time going on the forums here for help, and I just finished and did well so I feel I should repay the favor. Breakdown follows!

Bio-22 (95.9%)
Gen. Chem- 22 (91.8%)
O.Chem- 24 (95.7%)
PAT- 21 (87.9%)
RC-25 (97%)
QR-23 (98.8%)
TS-23 (97.8%)
AA-23 (98.7%)

I almost had a heart attack waiting for the scores to load! So for the bio, I'm a bio major and love biology. I really didn't study it very much. I took out my brother's old AP bio book and looked at sections I had consistently scored poorly in. I also used DATQVault and I averaged around a 21 on there so I felt it's an accurate representation of the test.

For the chemistries, I relied heavily on Chad's Videos and DAT Destroyer! Like everyone says they are amazing!

For RC, I never did any prep for this. I just would read the whole passage and not do S&D and what not. That was my strategy...just read it! Of course, if you aren't a fast enough reader, then find what works for you.

Math: MATH Destroyer all the way! I hadn't scored higher than 20 or 21 on those tests so seeing this was a surprise. I didn't even get to finish the last two problems on the test.

PAT: I am sooooo ecstatic about this score! For this section, CDP all the way! I scored 16 and 17 on the first few tests to 18 and then back to 17 and then back to 18 and so on until test 7. I was getting very fed up and disheartened. So I started going thoroughly over my mistakes and then I still didn't see any improvement! Then, I saw Ross' PAT Videos and his cube counting technique helped so much! Granted, I never scored lower than 12 on the section before, but every question matters! Also, the Keyhole section was great. If you can do the cube counting and hole punching on CDP you are set!

Going to be a junior and I have a 3.93 GPA and 3.8 science GPA! GOOD LUCK TO ALL STUDYING FOR THIS TEST! Most importantly, don't forget to have fun! I went to Egypt and Turkey while studying for this test. You need to have a life! If you have any questions, PM me!

One more thing, this is a question though. If I am going to apply next summer, will my DAT scores be automatically uploaded to my account so AADSAS will have it or what? I'm just wondering if there is anything I need to do at this point.

You're a shoe in into dental school. Congratulations.

Your GPA and DAT score will get you interviews at most schools. The rest is up to you. Good luck.

will my DAT scores be automatically uploaded to my account
I believe so. Can a current applicant confirm this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies guys!

I just wanted to mention one thing. DO NOT OVERLOOK THE RC AND QR sections! These can make or sink your AA! I never fully appreciated that until I started looking at breakdowns during my six weeks of studying.

Congrats! You should be very proud of yourself :). I'm taking my DAT on the 22nd and I've been doing everything you have (Chad's + Destroyer, DAT qVault, Math Destroyer, CDP) and seeing as how you did really well it's giving me hope. So thank you!

Bio-22 (95.9%)
Gen. Chem- 22 (91.8%)
O.Chem- 24 (95.7%)
PAT- 21 (87.9%)
RC-25 (97%)
QR-23 (98.8%)
TS-23 (97.8%)
AA-23 (98.7%)

you're a BEAST! I think the first one to match my RC score since I got a 25 as well. Although I did so S&D and thought it was awesome! the rest of your stats are amazing. you must be gifted! congrats!