DAT done + detailed breakdown (8/22)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predicament

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hplfe: I went through the free sample DAT on the ADA website (2007) and the paid paper version (2009). I felt the 2007 version was too easy, the 2009 one seemed pretty close to what the actual DAT was like (I think the actual one seemed a little bit tougher). I didn't take these practice tests timed (and there were a ton of mistakes on the 2009 test) so I don't know if my scores on them are too useful, but I was getting ~25-30ish scores on the 2007 test and ~22-24 scores on the 2009 test. I glanced through the practice test at the end of KBB, but it didn't seem too useful so I didn't go through it. I didn't use Topscore/Achiever tests, Destroyer/Math Destroyer/CDP already cost a ton :(

also Froggbuster, I'm also Berkeley MCB! Class of 2012 though. What emphasis are you?

That's some killer scores over there. I'm jealous.

Good job!! Are you applying this cycle?

hplfe: I went through the free sample DAT on the ADA website (2007) and the paid paper version (2009). I felt the 2007 version was too easy, the 2009 one seemed pretty close to what the actual DAT was like (I think the actual one seemed a little bit tougher). I didn't take these practice tests timed (and there were a ton of mistakes on the 2009 test) so I don't know if my scores on them are too useful, but I was getting ~25-30ish scores on the 2007 test and ~22-24 scores on the 2009 test. I glanced through the practice test at the end of KBB, but it didn't seem too useful so I didn't go through it. I didn't use Topscore/Achiever tests, Destroyer/Math Destroyer/CDP already cost a ton :(

also Froggbuster, I'm also Berkeley MCB! Class of 2012 though. What emphasis are you?

thanks for the reply:thumbup:

CDB Physiology. What about you? Will you be applying this cycle?

snaggletooth777: No, I didn't get the physics passage, all three were pretty straightfoward science related passages though, nothing really technical. A good comparison in terms of difficulty would probably be the Epidemiology passage on the 2009 test.

FROGGBUSTER: Cool, I'm in Infectious Diseases. I'm going to be applying next cycle because I decided on dentistry this summer (kinda late) and didn't have time to get everything ready for this cycle.

snaggletooth777: No, I didn't get the physics passage, all three were pretty straightfoward science related passages though, nothing really technical. A good comparison in terms of difficulty would probably be the Epidemiology passage on the 2009 test.

FROGGBUSTER: Cool, I'm in Infectious Diseases. I'm going to be applying next cycle because I decided on dentistry this summer (kinda late) and didn't have time to get everything ready for this cycle.

I'm sure you'll get in anywhere if your grades match that DAT score, I'm just glad I won't be in direct competition with you! :laugh:

Congrats fantastic scores... 26 AA 27 PAT WOW. If you decide to make PAT videos, I would watch them. :)