DAT done done done (again!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jackbauer!

ok, so i retook the DAT today b/c i wasn't happy with and was getting very little love with my original scores (20aa/17pat)..

the new scores:
AA22/TS22/PAT18
Bio 22
Chem 22
Ochem 22
PAT 18
RC 17 :rolleyes:
QR 20

I have noooooo clue what happened for RC....i got a 20 on this section the first time i took the exam and used the same method :confused: :confused: hopefully schools won't hold this against me....what do you all think? and for those of you wondering, english is my first language, lol.

Anyways.... for the SCIENCES: get the DAT DESTROYER. this is hands down the best study guide for the exam. the orgoman is not paying me to say this (i have >500 posts)...i was skeptical at first but the price of the material will pay dividends i promise.

BIO: supplement the destroyer with cliff's AP bio book. the material is totally relavent to the DAT, more so than kaplan in my opinion. after going through Cliffs read over kaplan and note anything that was missing from cliffs. the first few questions on bio came out of left field...i was about to cry (jack bauer doesn't cry).. it eased up towards the end.

CHEM and ORGANIC: destroyer: my only source.

QR: i thought i bombed this section and was pleasantly suprised with my score. to be honest i thought my QR score was my RC score when my scores first popped up! i didn't study for this section a lick....i just memorized the formulas presented in the destroyer. NOTE: the testing centers aren't handing out paper and pencil anymore!! you get a laminated cardboard thingy with thick markers!! this WILL slow you down on the QR section so be prepared.

PAT: went throught a couple practice exams to see what worked for me. no suprises here..i though the hole punching was hard tho...

This exam was much much harder than my original DAT...i really think the ADA is making some changes to the exam b/c i found it to be very difficult in comparison to my first exam (especially bio and qr)....i know my scores are higher but still. i studied for about 3-4 weeks on and off (i work full time) so i couldn't be happier. hopefully this solidifies my spot at a d-school......

inquiries? :)

jb!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you are a hard worker and very persevering! Congrats on your scores & good luck! I wanted to reply because of your Jack Baur picture! I love 24 too!

Congrats! Good job on your retake. And thanks for the suggestions. Working through Destroyer again this week. Less than a week left before I retake mine too. :cool:

Jack, wow did you not get "any love" at all with a 20/17? No interviews? nothing? Just asking b/c I got a 19/19/18 and am applying in June. Did you have a low GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mr. Bauer,

Great job man, really good.

I got bitten from RC too. I got 19 the first time, and then tumbled with a 16. Sometimes it's just really bad luck....

but the rest looks great. good luck.

thanks alpha.....maryland is my new top choice :)

btw, UF doesn't seem to care about stats...if you meet these 4 criteria you will be welcomed at UFCOD:
(1) you're a UF student
(2) daddy is a dentist (and has donated $$)
(3) you've done countless hrs of shadowing
(4) you're a pre-dental prez

thanks alpha.....maryland is my new top choice :)

btw, UF doesn't seem to care about stats...if you meet these 4 criteria you will be welcomed at UFCOD:
(1) you're a UF student
(2) daddy is a dentist (and has donated $$)
(3) you've done countless hrs of shadowing
(4) you're a pre-dental prez

Great, I'm 0 for 4 :scared:

congratulations my man you're alll SET!!!!!

ok, so i retook the DAT today b/c i wasn't happy with and was getting very little love with my original scores (20aa/17pat)..

the new scores:
AA22/TS22/PAT18
Bio 22
Chem 22
Ochem 22
PAT 18
RC 17 :rolleyes:
QR 20

I have noooooo clue what happened for RC....i got a 20 on this section the first time i took the exam and used the same method :confused: :confused: hopefully schools won't hold this against me....what do you all think? and for those of you wondering, english is my first language, lol.

Anyways.... for the SCIENCES: get the DAT DESTROYER. this is hands down the best study guide for the exam. the orgoman is not paying me to say this (i have >500 posts)...i was skeptical at first but the price of the material will pay dividends i promise.

BIO: supplement the destroyer with cliff's AP bio book. the material is totally relavent to the DAT, more so than kaplan in my opinion. after going through Cliffs read over kaplan and note anything that was missing from cliffs. the first few questions on bio came out of left field...i was about to cry (jack bauer doesn't cry).. it eased up towards the end.

CHEM and ORGANIC: destroyer: my only source.

QR: i thought i bombed this section and was pleasantly suprised with my score. to be honest i thought my QR score was my RC score when my scores first popped up! i didn't study for this section a lick....i just memorized the formulas presented in the destroyer. NOTE: the testing centers aren't handing out paper and pencil anymore!! you get a laminated cardboard thingy with thick markers!! this WILL slow you down on the QR section so be prepared.

PAT: went throught a couple practice exams to see what worked for me. no suprises here..i though the hole punching was hard tho...

This exam was much much harder than my original DAT...i really think the ADA is making some changes to the exam b/c i found it to be very difficult in comparison to my first exam (especially bio and qr)....i know my scores are higher but still. i studied for about 3-4 weeks on and off (i work full time) so i couldn't be happier. hopefully this solidifies my spot at a d-school......

inquiries? :)

jb!:)

Great scores man very solid and consistent throughout!!
you should have no problems of getting in best of luck!