DAT DONE! Finally! Disappointed. Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saltlake007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
K, after about 5 months of studying. Hahaha.

PAT 15
QR 16
RC 15 ESL
GC 20
OC 22
BIO 20

TS 20
AA 19

3.4 GPA...3.0 SCIENCE...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT MY CHANCES ARE!!!

THE SCIENCE IS REALLLY EASY. I STUDIED DESTROYER, KAP, ACHIEVER, TS, AND ACETHEDAT...CRAPPY.

I SHOULD HAVE FOCUSED MORE ON EVERYTHING ELSE INSTEAD OF JUST SCIENCE. BECAUSE IT WAS WAY EASY AND I FINISED IT WITH 20 MINUTES LEFT.

READING AND MATH ARE A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY...IT'S NUTS.

U GUYS THINK I HAVE A CHANCE? I HAVE ABOUT 50HRS OF SHADOWING AND 50HRS VOLUNTEERING.

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest that you re-take. Science scores are not as important as RC. Your PAT and RC are on the lower side; most schools will not accept those scores.

Your science gpa is a bit below average, but your TS will make up for that.

So, re take and focus on RC and PAT. You've mentioned that science is easier for you--no need to spend extra time on it then. Bring up those PAT and RC scores, research schools, apply early and make sure you have plenty of private schools in the list.

Good luck!

I would suggest that you re-take. Science scores are not as important as RC. Your PAT and RC are on the lower side; most schools will not accept those scores.

Your science gpa is a bit below average, but your TS will make up for that.

So, re take and focus on RC and PAT. You've mentioned that science is easier for you--no need to spend extra time on it then. Bring up those PAT and RC scores, research schools, apply early and make sure you have plenty of private schools in the list.

Good luck!

Hey thanks for tip. I really appreaciate it. But I hate the thought of a retake. However, I know I can do alot better on for the science.....but reading, pat and math would take a long time. I really don't know how to study for it.

retake it. i know it sounds so horrible but if u think you can improve, you should give it another try. I know.. people spend way too much time on science... esp bio.

Okay, you should probably retake but..
go ahead and apply to schools this cycle.

Tell them that you are planning on retaking and they will take that into consideration. There is actually a spot on the application to tell them when you plan on retaking. They may put you in a "side" stack with other applications, but when you do great on your DAT like I'm sure you can the second time, they will go ahead and give you a thumbs up and a seat. Good luck.

And your science score is good, just work on the other, especially PAT, and since your're ESL, then English shouldn't be too important anyways for your application, but try to get it up to around 19, which is around 50th percentile. Try to get the PAT up to 18.