DAT done :) Finally!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RMPredent2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here goes...

PAT 18
QR 16
RC 20
BIO 20
GC 21
OC 18
TS 20
AA 19

I had to guess on at least 8-9 problems in QR because of the time crunch and I also guess on a few in OC because I ran out of time so I'm not surprised that they are my lowest :(:( Especially because I used Destroyer and thought i'd do the best in OC.

I used Schaum's Chemistry and Bio, Destroyer, Kaplan Blue Book, and Achiever. All of the achiever tests I scored from 15-19 on the sciences (usually at the lower end) and I didn't do the greatest on the practice Kaplan CD test either so I was verrrryyyy scared for today!

I am a biochem major and my GPA is 3.54 and 3.39 science...my choice is Buffalo because im a NYS resident!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! You will prob get in!! Don't worry about QR...its the least important section. How long did you study for and would you have done anything differently? Thanks and go reeelaaaaax!

I love it when people say that QR is the least important section. It may be true and it may not be, it depends on the school, but it is definitely still important to almost all ADCOM's.

The ADA wouldn't test individuals on things that they didn't see as important and indicative of a high quality dental professional.

Those are just my two cents.

WOO! 100th post! Haha, I saw the 99 come up next to the "Posts:" so i just had to do this.

Hehe

Members don't see this ad :)
ur right I prob shouldn't say that...since I have only heard it from one adcom administrator...but I still think (IMHO) if you have to do bad on any section its better for it to be on math...since all the sciences are really important and reading is sort of essential. Ur scores are great RMP don't be bummed by QR....congrats and congrats to you paul too for your many posts and awesome stats.

I studied a few times a week mainly focusing on Bio from May-Late June since I haven't taken Bio since AP in highschool so I was a little rusty. Once into July I was studying 4-10 hours a day for chem and orgo. One thing I wouldv'e done differently is starting earlier rather than cramming at the end. Also, I would recommend doing a different subject every few days. I studied GC,OC and BIO all in big chunks and it got really old really fast! I would've liked to do Topscore and crack PAT but I didn't have enough time. Start studying early. in my opinion this isnt something you can cram for in a week or two...its just too much info!

I used...the panic method??? haha I dont really know. The first passage was incredibly detailed and I tried search and destroy but it was not helpful...so basically i wasted 10 mins on that one because I had to read through the whole thing. The next passages I just skimmed and they were much easier. The only thing I was surprised about, and this sound horrible, but I had to do a lot of thinking on the last one. All of the practice tests I've done and in the first two passages, the answer is in plain sight. But for some reason I couldn't find any of the answers in the last passage.