DAT done:(((( I should retake it!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSCanine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First let's look at my scores:
PAT 20
Bio 23
Gchem 25
Ochem 22
RC 16
QR 22
TS 23
AA 22

Now I don't know what I should do. I am so tired that I can't retake the exam again but since Ca schools are the only schools that I can go I think I should retake it. What do you guys think? I would appreciate any comments.

Members don't see this ad.

I just wanted to say, CONGRATTssss on your achievement. Your SCORES ARE REALLY HOTTTT except RC. I believe if you have a good GPA and EC and shadowing experience, then you should be fine.

Can you tell us what were your studying materials? What you recommend for each section? Anything you used and your Achiever and Topscore scores.

Thanks alot

wow amazing scores....how did you study? what did you study? and how long did you study

Ya, your RC is too low for some schools, but not most. You will get in easy. your marker stopped working on the RC section?
What did you do for the QR section, no marker?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats really odd that they are still administering this version of the DAT. I took the test almost 8 months ago and I had the same version. I thought they switched the questions every three months or so. I have to agree I hated that ethics passage.

I studied Kaplan, Top score, Achiever, AP bio ,DAT destroyer and Crack PAT. For Ochem and Gchem you can get all information that you need from these sources. The only thing is that the real DAT is more conceptual and you really need to understand the concept specially for Gchem. I just have 1 or 2 calculation problems in Gchem which were so easy. But bio???? I really don't know what to tell. I answered about 10 questions (honestly I don't remember exact number but there were plenty of questions) just from my knowledge from my histology, physiology, embryology and upper divisions molecular cell bio. But I think this version of the DAT is very hard ( if you search in the forum you will find a lot of complains about this version with that FRAP bio question.)

And here r my achiever and top scores:
Achiever1 2 3 Topscore1 2 3
AA 19 19 20 21 21 22
TS 20 20 20 22 21 23

I have a question from those who have taken DAT. Did u get any hard copy of your scores after the test? I didn't get any and I was so upset that even forgot to ask.
yup. got a printout with the testing center's "official" seal on it.

First let's look at my scores:
PAT 20
Bio 23
Gchem 25
Ochem 22
RC 16
QR 22
TS 23
AA 22

I got that version of DAT with that FRAP question in bio and that stupid 22 paragraphs Ethic passage which completely killed me during the test. I was so relaxed during the science and PAT. But as soon as I saw the ethics passage I stressed out and couldn't read any more. I heard it before that this passage is a killing one and guess what!! my marker's didn't work any more and I barely could write any things. It is true that English is my second language and I can't get very high score on Rc but this score is my lowest score ever in the RC (except the first time that I did Kaplan practice test and I got same score). Now I don't know what I should do. I am so tired that I can't retake the exam again but since Ca schools are the only schools that I can go I think I should retake it. What do you guys think? I would appreciate any comments.

I feel you for that stupid Ethics passage....thats what killed me too....its one of those last things, boring and lengthy...but you shouldnt worry abt it much....

Here we go,they even didn't give me any printout!!!!! I should call them tomorrow. if they haven't saved it what will happen? :eek:

If you dont get it then i guess you can pay 25$ to get a copy from ADA...not sure if that works or not??

Here we go,they even didn't give me any printout!!!!! I should call them tomorrow. if they haven't saved it what will happen? :eek:
they'll still send your scores to the schools you designated, and i think Sajjy's right~you may have to pay the ADA to get a copy. i'd call the test center first, and if they don't help you then call the ADA and see if they'll get you a free copy.

:love:Does the DAT Destroyer Book really cost $150.???? What did everyone pay? If there is a cheaper site - please share it with me. I'm curious to know .......Where are everyone purchasing thier matericals to study?

:love:Does the DAT Destroyer Book really cost $150.???? What did everyone pay? If there is a cheaper site - please share it with me. I'm curious to know .......Where are everyone purchasing thier matericals to study?
yeah i paid at least $150.

Call up the schools that you want to go to and find out if they have RC cut-off.
I did that for 08 cycle after I got rejections, which abviously was too late for me. One of the school actually told me that the section they care the most is RC and also told me they didn't care for PAT at all. Each school has their preference.
Most of the schools did point out my very low RC compare to my other sections.
If I were you I would make sure to let them know your scores from all the sections since they are so GOOOOOOD!!
And How could I forget ethics passage with 20 something paragraphs? I took my DAT last July and I had that. That lead me to my low RC as well. Oh, by the way English as second language, schools don't really care. Not so long ago I once was ESL student too. :)
Unless you are 100% sure that you can repeat your TS,AA for the retake, I wouldn't risk taking DAT again.
Best of luck to you.

I'm sure you'll get into some schools with those scores. They are very good scores. Some schools really like RC as it has the highest correlation with how well students do in D school so they might not like that 16. If you have an overall killer package (amazing personal statement, great letters of rec, strong leadership etc.) then I see schools overlooking your 16, especially since English is your second language.

dude those score are NICE

i seriously would not sweat RC

It is really amazing. I just took mine yesterday and had the same passage as you. I think you did great on your other parts and u don't need to be worried that much. Actually I am planning to go to UC schools as well.