Dat Done July 21st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Citric2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok here it is
Bio 22
Ghem 19
O-chem 16(only completed first semester)
RC-16
QR-16
PAT-18
AA-18
TS-19

Thought I did much better on RC. Not sure what happened there.
Any thoughts. I've applied to 33 schools and this was all they were waiting for. I'm sure I will get a lot of rejections with these scores but it only takes one right:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah looks like those 16's are going to hurt you. RC is weighed pretty heavily so you might want to consider a retake. What is your GPA?

Thats the thing. I was out of school for awhile. My fresh year was bad 9 years ago. I have been making up for it the past three years. My sci 3.3 and overal 3.2 If I could lose that first year I would be golden. Since my return over the past three years I have had a 3.7 and taken full loads. Some semesters have been 18+ units while working and raising a family. I have a feeling though that my application is different then most. I'm going to graduate with a Econ degree. So I get to take all these science courses that bump up my sci gpa. I understand that schools like trends and mine as been very steep. It's really too bad about the reading comp. I did so much better in the pratice tests. I've read on the board that my Reading section was filled will tone questions. Brutal

I have been volunteering at a clinic and just got hired on as a dental assistant. I plan on trying to work there after I become a dentist. It is a Native American clinic and matches my heritage so I enjoy it. So if I get in I will have about a year of that under my belt also. I guess I'm really relying on the schools to look at everything very close. I don't mind a retake I just don't know if it will be the deal breaker. I'm the gambling type too. So I may just retake in Dec after my ochem 2 lecture and lab and pull a 20+ and see what schools had faith in me.
D-

If you have taken full loads and have a 3.7, that shows your capability, which is really what schools must know you have. If you have capability, they may give you a shot. But you must also possess motivation, so that they know you WILL succeed in dental school, not that you can. I think your DAT is alright, and after applying to 33 schools (how much did that cost btw?), you should have a shot somewhere I would think. Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we are into the 4k+ with kaplan+dat+adea and secondarys. Do not want to know. Whats a little more debt for school right?
D
Be thankful your not filling out 33 secondarys. How many ways can they ask the same questions as the addsas application really!

What schools do you want to attend. You are a minority so you should get an interview at howard and meharry.

If you have taken full loads and have a 3.7, that shows your capability, which is really what schools must know you have. If you have capability, they may give you a shot. But you must also possess motivation, so that they know you WILL succeed in dental school, not that you can. I think your DAT is alright, and after applying to 33 schools (how much did that cost btw?), you should have a shot somewhere I would think. Good Luck.

What do you mean by "full loads"? 13 credits? 16? 17?

at least 15 units with two science courses. It looks like my RC score is going to be a problem with a lot of schools. They are not too worried about the other 16's. Looks like a retake is in the cards. D-

Yeah sub-17 in Reading Comp is going to hurt you at almost every school that you applied. Good luck in all that you do! I hope that all goes well for you!