DAT DONE need advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basballer55

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i'm a first time poster but a frequent visitor to this website, yo guys are a great help thank you so much! Here are my scores everything went decent until QR.

PA 18
RC 19
Bio 18
GC 20
OC 19

QR 13:eek::thumbdown:

What do i do does this warrant a retake or am i still competitive?
I graduated with a 3.73 GPA and 3.65 SGPA please help me!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry! but I think you need to retake.
You don't have a single 20+ score, and that QR score of 13 will definitely get you in trouble.
Your GPA is high enough, but your DAT scores aren't competitive (IMO).

Should I wait to see what schools say or not bother and just set up a new date right now.....quite frankly i dont know how i can go through the pressure of tking it again

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I wait to see what schools say or not bother and just set up a new date right now.....quite frankly i dont know how i can go through the pressure of tking it again

You got no choice, you have to retake. Schedule for a retake for late October/ early November and try to boost those scores. It's going to be late but your chances will improve without that 13 in QR. It wouldn't hurt to raise the other sections as well.

wow i didnt think it was that bad my TS was a 19 and AA 18......ha it really sucks i really do not wanna go through the hell of taking it again

so ypu guys are saying i have no shot whatsoever?
Most likely many schools won't consider you for an interview due to you extremely low QR. I wouldn't wait to hear from any schools before scheduling a retake if I were you, because by that time it's gonna be too late!
If only your QR was a bit higher, you might have still had a chance with the same scores.

I know how you feel, after my first DATs got canceled due to a fire alarm I didn't want to go in for a retake. It's mentally draining but 3 months should be good for you. The QR score will hurt you since schools have cutoffs and a 13 might be asking a bit much compared to a 16.

Your scores for the sections are average and I believe you can do better. You stated that you didn't pace yourself well so for the next test just skip the questions that are hard or will take long. Go through all of QR because there may be 3-4 easy questions near the end. So finish easy questions first then go back to work on the ones that are require more calculations and time.

wow i didnt think it was that bad my TS was a 19 and AA 18......ha it really sucks i really do not wanna go through the hell of taking it again

TS 19 and AA 18 isn't bad at all. i would probably retake if i were you.. maybe i shouldn't mention that my friend got in last year with a qr 13. make a few phone calls to schools and see what they say

This just completely sucks

It's not that bad but we are just suggesting you do not wait. Go into your AADSAS and state that you will plan a retake as soon as the 3 month wait period is over. Try to look on the bright side, you now know what to expect and you'll ace it the second time around.

If I have a shot to get into one school i'll take it seriously....i'm gnona set up the retake but call schools as well to se what they say......i think i may just take this month off of studying i just cant go right back into it

hey i am taking it in 3 days... can u tell me what u think went wrongin all the sections.... how long did u study and what materials did u use... i am just asking since i am nevous of this happeneing to me or wrose

I used kaplan Topscore ACS exams and destroyer all were good all helped and main thing is just stay calm....i was so nervous that when fingerprinting my finger was jumping of the fingerprinting machine the lady operating it had to tell me to calm down....pretty embarrasing

so if u used all those like i am... why did u do not so well u think... u got me nervous....???? also please answer pm i just sent u

I think your scores are pretty decent (except for QR). Its kind of funny people are asking "what went wrong" for your science sections. Think about it... Your TS is right about average for matriculants and your AA is maybe slightly below and your GPA slightly above. So 2 out 3 is not bad. If you have decent EC's and are a good interviewer I would think you would have a shot at some private schools. If you had an in-state school that wasn't extremely competitive, I think you'd be in good shape (as long as there is no strict cutoffs for your 13 QR). Hope this gives a different point of view!

I think that minus the QR (Which I've heard is not cared about tooo much from the adcom perspective) you are a very competitve, realistic example of a DS applicant; Most of the people on SDN are overachievers (I am one of them) and get WELL-above-average scores...I think you're fine...put in ur app. you're going to retake, but if you get interviews before the retake, make yourself bold...you're in good shape from my eyes...good luck!!