DAT done...opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perfectgrill

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people will say retake because your GPA is low. But i think you have a really good shot. So just sit back and kick it until schools start inviting you to come out. Good Job!!!

ur gpa is low, ur dat scores are pretty good.
nice QR score.

gpa might be ultra low though. sorry but 3.0 is like a minimum you'd PROBABLY be wasting dollars applying.

what do you have to say about the bio and gchem sections on the test??? what material did you use for bio and gchem? thanks...btw i think your scores are great but gpa is on the low side...but hey I think applying wont hurt unless your hurting with money...

Members don't see this ad :)
your DAT score is decent but your science GPA seems really low. Unless you have a great list of EC activites, I am not so sure about getting many interviews. That's my brutally honest opinion.

Talk about brutal...

I know someone in Columbia who had a gpa around yours and a Dat score of 20 AA. Every stat list you look at is just the averages meaning there are people who don't have the 4.0 and and the 30's on their dat too! It seems as if you're a well-rounded student and with those dat scores it shows you can work hard and know your stuff despite what your gpa may or may not imply. Have a killer essay which shows your dedication, passion, and maybe explain why your gpa is what it is and I see that definitely warranting you at least an interview. Best of luck with everything!

I know that they were on the track team but other than that, nope. They just wrote an essay that emphasized their determination despite their setbacks, and came off very confident in interviews and it seemed to work! Shadowing abroad I would think counts a lot! It definitely shows you have a legitimate interest.