DAT done.. should i retake..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

santal907

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's the breakdown of my scores:

PA 21
QR 19
RC 15 :thumbdown:
Bio 17
GChem 17
OChem 17
Total Sci 17
Acad Avg 17

Members don't see this ad.

Here's the breakdown of my scores:

PA 21
QR 19
RC 15 :thumbdown:
Bio 17
GChem 17
OChem 17
Total Sci 17
Acad Avg 17

I think you should retake it, unless your GPA is above 3.7 or so. Most d-schools last year have an average DAT of 19...so imo, 17 might not cut it. RC is also valued highly, so that may also be a disadvantage for you.....

I am not saying that you wont get interviews; but if you have applied to your state school I think that would probably be your best shot.

Best of luck!

I would suggest retaking. Yes a really high GPA "might" offset it..but i think most schools are seeing an average increase in DAT. the avg where I'm at this year was 20 AA/20 PAT and the avg GPA was somewhere close to 3.7ish. So the #'s are moving upward for sure. With adequate time and effort...you can definitely manage scores good enough to get you in. Hell, most people in dschool arent there simply b/c they are smart...they b/c they are smart AND motivated. So if you really bust your a$$ to study..you can definitely make the grade and get into school. good luck!