DAT done...Should I retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

singingdentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT 5/29/09, but am still debating whether or not to retake. I already submitted my application to AADSAS on 6/6/09. I am a music major at Western Michigan University. My total GPA is 3.89 and my science GPA is 4.00. I'm really shooting for Michigan, Detroit Mercy, and Case.

Bio 19
GC 18
OC 20
PAT 20
RC 22
QR 17
AA 19
TS 19

I used the Kaplan DAT guide for each section, went through the whole DAT
Destroyer and used Top Score. My practice test scores were equivalent to what I received except I scored significantly lower on the real RC as I did in Top Score. I was receiving 28s and 29s on Top Score's RC because it was much easier than the real thing. My PAT and QR were about 1 point lower than practice test scores.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think you need to re-take. You have an excellent GPA and average DAT scores. You have also applied early, so you are pretty set. Just sit back and wait for those interview invites to come!

I think you're good to go dude! Try to relax and have some fun, before you start preparing for your interviews. Good luck:thumbup:

do not take again. make sure you app is complete and in to AADSAS ASAP. with your gpa and very competitive dat score, you should have not problem getting interviews