DAT done!!! should I retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssodamy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Standard score
PA 22
QR 20
RC 15:(
Bio 19:oops:
GC 22
OC 23
TS 21
AA 20:oops:

I think I should retake for the RC.

Do you think so?:(

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly just going in with a 15 RC is a huge gamble. You obviously can read since you managed to learn all the science material. I would personally retake if I were in your situation unless you have a 4.0+

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on some of the posts you've written, I am assuming you are not a native English speaker. With that being said, your RC score may become an issue.

Usually with domestic students who have low RC scores, schools will read the personal statement to get a second opinion. However, with non-native speakers, they won't do that because they assume the essay was written/edited by a native speaker, which is normally the case.

I remember reading a thread of an applicant (native English speaker) who scored fairly well on the DAT but didn't receive one interview to the 10 schools to which he applied. He called some of the schools asking why he was rejected and they replied that it was due to his 17 RC score which was too low for them despite scoring 20s in everything else.

I'm not trying to be party pooper here, but you may want to retake the DAT.

Based on some of the posts you've written, I am assuming you are not a native English speaker. With that being said, your RC score may become an issue.

Usually with domestic students who have low RC scores, schools will read the personal statement to get a second opinion. However, with non-native speakers, they won't do that because they assume the essay was written/edited by a native speaker, which is normally the case.

I remember reading a thread of an applicant (native English speaker) who scored fairly well on the DAT but didn't receive one interview to the 10 schools to which he applied. He called some of the schools asking why he was rejected and they replied that it was due to his 17 RC score which was too low for them despite scoring 20s in everything else.

I'm not trying to be party pooper here, but you may want to retake the DAT.

well, thank you for your genuine reply.