1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DAT Done Today

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by kobe24, Mar 24, 2007.

1. kobe24

Hello all,
    I am new to this forum. I just got done with DAT today, and wanted to know how the scores compare.
    PAT = 18
    BIO = 21
    CHEM = 23
    ORGO = 19
    QUANT = 16
    READING = 21
    TS = 21
    AA = 20

I know that the quantitative is pretty bad. I wanted to see what you all think. Should I retake it, or are these scores good enough? Do schools care much about the quantitative? My gpa is 3.7, and I've done many extracurricular activities. My goal is to get into Maryland. Please let me know what you guys think.
    Also, this forum has been of great help to me. I would like to return the favor so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mut9ya

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    how was the biology and reading comprehension? which material did you use?
    thanks.

4. You

You Carpe Diem!
    5+ Year Member

Congratz bro on the rest of the great scores!

Well, to answer your question, do you think you can handle another exam? If so, then go for it. Since you are a Lakers fan, considering Kobe work ethics, ask "would Kobe retake exam"? :)

GO LAKERS!!! Man we seriously need some defense to be an unbeatable team. 81!

5. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Pretty good, except for the pat.

6. bruinpredent

bruinpredent UCLA School of Dentistry
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    the PAT is fine...people get into harvard with less than that on the PAT. i'd be more worried about the QR...otherwise good job!

Edit: also, with that GPA you should be fine, but just to make sure call up the schools and see if they have a cut off for QR or if the 16 will hurt you. My guess is it shouldn't hurt you THAT much at some schools, but call and double check!

7. Lonely Sol

Lonely Sol cowgoesmoo fan!
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yea, bruinpredent is right. There are many schools that have a cut-off number, which mean they will not even look at you application unless you meet a certain number. I think Case and BU require a minimum of 18 in all sections. So, its a good idea to check before you hang your hat!!

8. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    OPPS.. I meant to say QR.:oops:

9. jdmsamurai

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    those are some nice scores for the science...what did you use to study for the sciences?