Dat Done Today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theskibumjohnso

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT today and am wondering what schools I should apply to? I don't want to spend a lot of money but still want a good chance of getting into a good school.
Here are my scores:
GC: 24
OC:25
BIO:21
RC:20
QR:23
PA:26
TS:23
AA:23
I messed up on Bio and had to guess on a couple of questions because I ran out of time, so I thought I would do better. Do you think this will look bad? Do you think any schools will give me an interview? Do I have a chance at getting into a school? I am also not a minority, so I cannot play that card.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
are you kidding? anyone who thinks that those scores are anything but amazing is an idiot.... I don't know who you have been talking to but people would kill for your scores...

what is the "minority" deal? The monirity group naggs about being the minority and not having so many opportunities, and now I see the majority group members complaining that they are NOT in the minority, so they can't play the card. What card is it that you are talking about?

Last edited:
You sure you got an AA of 24? Hey what was the percentiles for your scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you have a chance. You need to retake it !;)
By the way, what is the "minority" deal? The monirity group naggs about being the minority and not having so many opportunities, and now I see the majority group members complaining that they are NOT in the minority, so they can't play the card. What card is it that you are talking about?

To the op, great scores, you should get a buttload of interviews. If you do some research you will see that your scores are ridiculously high.

To harrygt, the "minority card", regardless of what side of that card you're on, refers to the fact that it is to whatever degree "easier" for certain minorities to gain acceptance to dental school. It is very debatable whether it actually IS easier but statistically speaking you have to be able to see the advantage. Just look at Howard and Meharry's stats.

Certain students (whether they belong to a minority or not) have to overcome extremely difficult brick walls just to apply to dental school. A good portion of these students happen to fall into the category of a minority. What I have seen with one of the schools I've applied to is a secondary that doesn't even mention the word minority but asks questions related to whether the student would be either academically or economically disadvantaged. I would hope that many schools will follow suite on this because I am tired of talking about the "ease" with which minorities supposedly gain acceptance.

All applicants should be on the same playing field. Those that have had to overcome huge obstacles should be helped regardless of race. Isn't that the American way?

wtf sdn avg is like 23 kkkk

I'm not even surprised to see these high scores anymore. :smuggrin:

sorry I meant to have an AA of 23 I posted this late last night and missed typed. If applying to dental school was "fair" for everyone, we would not send in pictures , and fill out any economical information, or race information. Then students would be accepted on scores and extra curricular activities, etc...