DAT Done! Very very depressed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amona

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yah! as the title points out,,, i did really bad, and I feel like i am really stupid or something for not scoring at least 17 or 18 in any subject. I used chads videos, destroyer, and Crack DAT. I have been studying since mid February. I don't work and i am done with school. I studied for about 8 hours everyday, but the last two weeks before the exam i studied for about 12 hours. No excuse whatsoever. :(

The Top/Front/End section was harder than the CrackPAT, i used to just count lines during the practice becasue that is how almost all the questions are, and they can be eliminated by counting lines and i barely tried to construct the image in my head. When i got to the test, almost all of the questions had same number of lines, and i couldn't eliminate any choice, i tried to picture the image, but i am sure i didn't do it right.
Also, practice Crack Chem was way harder and life depressing questions, but the real test had much simpler questions, so for those of you who are still studying, don't let practice chem questions fool you or depress you like it did to me.

I will retake the test in July (before i have my baby in August) and hopefully do much better! so sad to see all of you scoring 20+ and i am scoring 17- !!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey girl!

I dont know how your scores are exactly but just wanna let you know that I was in a similar position a year ago and got 2 16's in PAT and RC. And was super bummed and depressed and I studied too. But things didn't workout. Nevertheless, I still got 3 interviews, no acceptances yet unfortunately but still on alternate list. But I am going to retake the test and try again.

So, I am glad to hear that you are ready to take the exam too! That was really hard for me. But just know that I know how you feel cuz you read all about AMAZING scores on SDN. But don't worry, there are normal people like us who will get into dental school. lol <3 and congrats on the baby!

The only thing missing from your prep are practice tests. If you do Top Score and Achiever's tests, you'll be over prepared for the real thing. Also you'll have a clear idea of what to expect score wise (2 more than scores in top Score, 3-5 more than the scores in Achiever). Its ok to take the test multiple times so don't be depressed. With your level of hard work, you'll definitely do well if you use the right materials. Take this more as an experience in familiarizing yourself with the test, rather than a measure of the effort you put in or a measure of your intelligence.

Hey!! I know its disappointing :/ i felt the same way after my exam monday. Like ushaseous said take this as a way to familiarize yourself with the exam. I know its fruatrating that after all the hard work and hours you put into studying the scores are not what you expect. Especially after you see all this other people getting amazing scores...congrats on ur baby and best of luck on ur exam in july ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Amona, hang in there. continue to study and you will be alright. I noticed that you said you studied for about 8 hours a day and 12 hrs the last two weeks. But are you being productive during those times? How much are you actually studying out of those 8 hour days/12 hour days? What helped me was I used a stop watch to keep track of how much time I really studied in a day. I would go from noon until midnight, but would only be putting in about 6-8 hours a day. Every time i took a break regardless of what i did I stopped the watch and continued when i got back to studying. Like i said hang in there and you should be fine! good luck!

I had the same problem I score a 16AA D: no bueno. I am retaking it June 30, and plan on studying my @$$ off once school gets out. You'll improve this time around, hopefully you realized the areas you need to improve on!