DAT Done!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bose13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT today (Memorial Day) and so glad to have it behind me.

Here are my scores:
PAT-22
QR-20
RC-21
BIO-20
GC-18
OC-17
TS-19
AA-19

GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.80

I studied for about two weeks pretty much non-stop putting in about 8 hours a day. I plan to apply to UT-Memphis, Kentucky, Alabama, Baylor and Florida, but really hope to get into UT-Memphis. I have shadowed an oral surgeon (20 hrs.), orthodontist (20 hrs.) and two general dentists (40 hrs.) and currently I am working as a dental assistant parttime this summer. Does anyone see any problem with my hope of getting into UT-Memphis? BTW, I am a Tennessee resident. Any comments would be great. Thanks!

Bose

Members don't see this ad.

great scores! any imput on what was on the test(specific matter)??
i dont know anything about memphis but those are some killer scores. i doubt that anyone would deny someone with a 19AA and freaking 22PAT...nice job...you can relax now

Bose13, those scores are great especially your impressive PAT score. These scores along with your high GPA should secure you a seat. I know little about UT, however I know your chances at UFCD are most uncertain to me out of these schools. I can tell you UFCD can accept 10% of their total class of ~80 students from applicants residing outside of FL. However, they USUALLY accept less than this number, and as such acceptance for out-of-staters would seem to be highly competitive. Check out UFCD 2004 class stats here. I would say go ahead and apply, you may very well get in.
http://www.dental.ufl.edu/Offices/Admissions/DMD/Class_profiles.html

I think your chances are better at UKCD, again they do not accept many out of staters (somewhere around 8-10 I beleive). You might be waitlisted, but if you were I think you would be near the top and ultimately get in. Congrats on your scores, now you just need to go out and by a bigger mailbox for the all interview invites :thumbup:

Bose13 said:

Here are my scores:
PAT-22
QR-20
RC-21
BIO-20
GC-18
OC-17
TS-19
AA-19

I studied for about two weeks pretty much non-stop putting in about 8 hours a day. I plan to apply to UT-Memphis, Kentucky, Alabama, Baylor and Florida, but really hope to get into UT-Memphis. I have shadowed an oral surgeon (20 hrs.), orthodontist (20 hrs.) and two general dentists (40 hrs.) and currently I am working as a dental assistant parttime this summer. Does anyone see any problem with my hope of getting into UT-Memphis? BTW, I am a Tennessee resident. Any comments would be great. Thanks!

Bose

Bose13 said:

Here are my scores:
PAT-22
QR-20
RC-21
BIO-20
GC-18
OC-17
TS-19
AA-19

Bose

Great scores, great GPA, great dental background. From the looks of it, you are set to go. Apply now and sit back and wait for that acceptance on December 1st. Nice going!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on those scores could you share some of your input from the test. Thanks. What books and stuff did u utilize also.

Thanks for your comments! You have all been very helpful! I would be interested in knowing the DAT stats of those who have already been accepted to your respective dental schools. I think knowing this will comfort me in my wait for acceptance to UT-Memphis.

For those who are getting ready for the DAT, I used Schaum's Outlines and Kaplan and Topscore study materials, plus notes from my Organic Chem class. Study, but get your rest!

Another piece of advice if you haven't taken the DAT yet. Sylvan has a lot of activity going on while you are taking the test. I would suggest wearing ear plugs. Sylvan does provides earphone, but they were sort of tight and I was afraid after a while I might develop a headache. I was glad I took my own earplugs which they permitted. Also, Red Bull makes a great pre-test drink as well as during the break. I was very focused.

Good luck to you all!

Bose13 said:

Here are my scores:
PAT-22
QR-20
RC-21
BIO-20
GC-18
OC-17
TS-19
AA-19

Bose

pretty impressive scores bro. as stated earlier, apply early and relax for a while b\c you will get accepted somewhere unless you screw up the interview which is highly unlikely. sorry, but i know nothing about the schools you have in mind.

Those are some very solid scores. As others have stated, get that application out and then sit back and watch the interview invites roll in. Congratulations!!

Bose13 said:

Here are my scores:
PAT-22
QR-20
RC-21
BIO-20
GC-18
OC-17
TS-19
AA-19

Bose
Hey bose, Congrads!! With those scores consider scholarship.