Dat Done

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happycamper1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its finally over.

DAT SCORES

Bio 21
G chem 23
Ochem 26
OvrAll Sci 22
Pat 24
Rc 18
Qr 18
AA 21

My RC is a little low, but w/e, i didnt really study for that section (cuz its lame). I took a Kaplan course for the DAT. Their book/online stuff was really helpful. Other than kaplan, I read some stuff from my Biology book (campbell 7th edition) which was helpful (for glycolysis and photosynthesis).

Kaplans stuff was a little harder than the real DAT. On kaplans practice DATS, I would average 17's on the Gchem section. 20s on ochem, and 18's on biology.

Only thing kaplan sucked at was the QR section, Their review note book was really bad for the math (only the math), but their online math tests were pretty much the same as the real exam.

Kaplans PAT was a lot harder. On the real DAT, i was in disbelief at how easy the PAT was (the angles and hole punching were harder than what kaplan gave us, like for 3 of the angle questions, they looked like 1 degree of difference, and the hole punching had some wacky folds) But the keyholes were really basic, the Top, end, front view were easy, The cube counting was also easy, none of the stacks were very big. and the pattern folding was also easy.

Not all the DATS are the same. If you are are relegious, pray you get the DAT thats right for you, if you are not, hope for it and tell ur friends to hope for it as well. It worked for me :)

Members don't see this ad.

Good job, especially in OC. You did pretty well for someone who only studied Kaplan.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found Kaplan to be the best study guide out there too. Then Achiever and TopScore then Destroyer. Old textbooks are really all you need.

Kaplan and Achiever are good, but i find Destroyer better....its more helpful because of the detailed explanations with theory, Organic RoadMaps where you have many reactions on one page. For example, you have all the reactions on one page with alkane. You dont even have to do the flash cards b/c the whole picture is presented.