DAT done..

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by dentdent2233, May 11, 2008.

1. dentdent2233

Pre-Dental
    Hey guys.
    I just took the DAT this weekend and here are my scores...

PAT 18
    QR 17
    RC 20
    Biology 23
    Gen Chem 21
    Org Chem 20

TS 21
    AA 20

I'm a little worried about the PAT and the QR.. what do you guys think? I'm planning on applying to a lot of schools.. and my GPA is a 3.68. Do you think those scores will hurt?! Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. daviddav

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I am going by what other people have said, but you look like you are fine as long as the other sections of your application are good. Take that lightly though. As I and many other people have seen, it just depends.

Other than that, I take mine tomorrow. Care to share any info on the sciences and QR?

4. CUDental

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Nice job!

With a 3.68 and a DAT that is excellent overall, I don't see why you wouldn't have a great chance at getting some acceptances. A 17 is in no way a bad score - it is average and an 18 is still above average. The rest of your scores and your overall scores are great though so I don't think those two will hurt you too much - just my opinion though. Good luck!

5. allstardentist

allstardentist All-Star
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i think ur scores are fine. you will def. get into some schools. good job.

6. dontwakeme

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Nice job on bio. What'd you use?

7. dentdent2233

Pre-Dental
    thanks for the responses... I thought the QR section was a lot harder than I expected it to be.. but I didn't think the sciences were too bad. There were some random biology questions, but the chemistry and organic were pretty fair. I used Kaplan to study for everything, I did supplement it with Barron's AP biology just to get some extra practice, but pretty much I just focused on Kaplan and it seemed to prepare me. I also am a bio major, which I think could have helped on the random bio questions!

8. jay47

jay47 Think Positively!
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    great job. I know that you will get some interviews assuming you apply early and do a good job on ur app. You are right above avg for gpa and DAT, you should have a good shot at several places. Don't worry too much about low PAT and QR, those are generally the least important of the sections on the DAT, and your science scores are above avg.

9. SanOnofre2002

SanOnofre2002 Huge member
    2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Don't go too crazy applying to a lot of schools. With that AA and GPA you shouldn't need to apply to more than 15. Your PA and QR are by no means bad, and with the rest of the package considered those scores won't hurt you at all. Pick your schools, sit back and relax; you should have a good application experience.