Dat Done

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnyApp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my DAT today in Rochester, NY, and my scores are listed below. All I used to prepare for the DAT were the Kaplan book and CD, and some school textbooks. I got a 3.3GPA, and with the score below I think I need to retake the DAT (don’t really want to). Do you think I should retake the test then apply this August or I should just apply right now with those scores? I think the minimum score on each section has to be 18, what do you think?

Bio-19
Gchem-21
Ochem-24
RC-17:laugh:
QR-16??? :laugh:

PAT-19
TS-21
AA-19

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished my DAT today in Rochester, NY, and my scores are listed below. All I used to prepare for the DAT were the Kaplan book and CD, and some school textbooks. I got a 3.3GPA, and with the score below I think I need to retake the DAT (don’t really want to). Do you think I should retake the test then apply this August or I should just apply right now with those scores? I think the minimum score on each section has to be 18, what do you think?

Bio-19
Gchem-21
Ochem-24

PAT-19
TS-21
AA-19

I think your wrong in a good way, each section must be greater than 18 seems very harsh, where did you read that?
Apply now with this DAT score, and if you still feel compelled to take it again then do so and submit your second DAT score later in the application process. good job and good luck

Each school is different. For instance NYU recommends not having any score below a 17 and I know someone that got a 13 on their math that got it. SO it really depends on the school you wish to apply. Good luck

Don't sweat it man. I scored

Biology 21 PAT 19
General Chemistry 21 Quantitative Reasoning 16
Organic Chemistry 20 Reading Comprehension 18
Total Science 21 Academic Average 19

had a similar GPA and had 5 interviews and 1 acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would roll with it. Your scores are pretty good. Def start the app process b/c it takes forever through AADSAS! You may not want to mention the retake b/c some schools will put your app on hold until you do it- that's up to you. Some schools start rejecting pretty fast, but I think most will let your app linger if you do retake.

I've heard of people getting in with 18s and 19s before. I think that the average is going up though, so if you feel like you can do better than go ahead and retake it. But if you don't want to then don't. My friend had a 19 and retook it and it went down to a 16. You don't want that to go down. She actually said she studied more the second time around and was really upset that it went down. If I were you I wouldn't retake it. People reapply with the same score and can still get in.

Hope this helps.

Bio-19
Gchem-21
Ochem-24

PAT-19
TS-21
AA-19