DAT expiring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ugapharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a pretty simple question about DAT scores. I know several places say that they only accept scores from the past two years. I am a sophomore now, planning on applying in the summer of 2012. I am strongly considering studying for the DAT on/off all summer(I will also be taking bio 2) and taking it just before school starts next fall. I feel like it would be nice to get out of the way and I could just focus on my classwork junior year instead of having the test in the back of my mind. Plus, my biology and chemistries would be fresher in my mind than if I waited a year.

However, I was just wondering when places consider your scores no longer valid. I am fairly confident I can get in the first cycle if I do well on the DAT(I have a strong GPA currently), but I would hate to have to retake it if I did not get in. Would the scores have to be within the last two years throughout the entire application process, or just when I submitted my application(say, if I took the DAT in August 2011 and applied in June 2013.)

Should I just be normal and take it the end of junior year like everyone else? :laugh:

I hope this question makes sense, and thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have a pretty simple question about DAT scores. I know several places say that they only accept scores from the past two years. I am a sophomore now, planning on applying in the summer of 2012. I am strongly considering studying for the DAT on/off all summer(I will also be taking bio 2) and taking it just before school starts next fall. I feel like it would be nice to get out of the way and I could just focus on my classwork junior year instead of having the test in the back of my mind. Plus, my biology and chemistries would be fresher in my mind than if I waited a year.

However, I was just wondering when places consider your scores no longer valid. I am fairly confident I can get in the first cycle if I do well on the DAT(I have a strong GPA currently), but I would hate to have to retake it if I did not get in. Would the scores have to be within the last two years throughout the entire application process, or just when I submitted my application(say, if I took the DAT in August 2011 and applied in June 2013.)

Should I just be normal and take it the end of junior year like everyone else? :laugh:

I hope this question makes sense, and thanks.

Just a heads up - I don't think pharmacy schools allow you to take the DAT in place of the PCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a heads up - I don't think pharmacy schools allow you to take the DAT in place of the PCAT.

eyo just a heads up. butt out! honestly you bring nothing valuable to most of the threads you comment in.

:thumbdown: