DAT fee waiver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothy2112

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here applied for the reduction fee waiver for DAT? How long does it take to hear back from them?

Members don't see this ad.

there is a link for it on the aadsas adea page. you have to fill out a few forms (and extra one with your parents to co-sign if your under 25 i believe it was). I sent mine in back at the end of may and probably only took a week or two for results which were a negative. i wasn't sure what to get out of it...i pay for school all on my own and am already in debt from undergrad. I guess I thought it might help to try but I think it is for people who are in the move extreme cases. I was hoping I guess they would see that if I am paying for it all and am a broke student I would have gotten something back, but I think they look at what you parents make too, factor that in, and assume they will be paying for you (which is not my case). I guess its similar as to how they look at FAFSA and the expected family contribution - they expect your family to pay a certain amount due to how much they make when not everyones parents do or can pay/afford for their kids college. Sorry, venting a little. Kinda just pissed me off with the whole ordeal.

I applied and received a fee REDUCTION. Essentially, I sent in HALF the cost of the exam with all the requested material. About 1 month later, i received a letter in the mail with my code to log onto prometric to register. Its a fairly slapdash system. I had to call ADA to be sure that I did it correctly. hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea you have to fill out a form, but since I'm 25 I guess it doesn't matter about my parents! Which is awesome because I'm poor!! Those student loans are a killer. Hopefully it wont be too long to hear from them. You have to pay half of the fee and $25 for any additional schools you want test scores sent to. Every little bit helps I guess!

oh my mistake, i read the question wrong...i applied for the AADSAS fee reduction... I did not know there was a different one for the DAT. My fault. disregard my crazy comments above