DAT FINALLY over!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucyzhang

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just took DAT, almost had an accident on my way back, my hands were shaking, strongly recommend you future-dat-taker to get a ride, SAFE

the result is good and bad
Acadmic average 23
PAT 17 +pissed+
Quantitative Reasoning 28
Reading 22
Bio 19
GChem 27
OChem 21
Total Science 22

anyone knows what is the difference between academic average and total science thanks

and do you think I should retake DAT, since the PAT is so bad
any advise will be appreciated

now I am goin to have the FIRST relaxed night in a week :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Your AA=23 (Average of all scores except PAT) - Sweet!

TS is the average of your science scores (Bio/GChem/OChem).

You are SET!

I agree with Mo, dont retake the dat. 17 on the PAT is not as low as you might think, your AA is solid as is your QR and TS. You did great.

Unless you're applying to UOP (they want to see all 20s), your PAT score will be fine. During your interview, the interviewer will definitely talk to you about it, but it will not hurt you.

Job well done and congrats! Isn't DAT nice, instant gratification (in your case)!

:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations! Those scores look fantastic, especially your AA scores! I envy you!

May I ask you what you used to get for topscore or kaplan practice exams?
How was the real exam different from the practice exams?

I know there are threads comparing real Vs. practice exams, but I want to get one more sample from the very recent exam-taker. Thanks!

Lucyzhang,
congratulations! Those are amazing scores!:wow:

May I ask how many hours of studying you put in and how long you studied??

Originally posted by Yah-E
Unless you're applying to UOP (they want to see all 20s),

what about harvard and upenn :p

mnrji, I took kaplan (the one avaliable free online) before my cram, it was around 20 for everything, except RC (kaplan was easy)

and Topscore, bio was around 15 :mad: I scared to death
chem both around 19, and PAT around 19, the real PAT is much harder
RC20 (I had one about social science, isn't that weird)
and QR always around 23 :hardy:
hope that helps

I wouldn't retake it. I had the same PAT and nobody asked me about it. You have phenominal GCHEM and QR scores, congrats!

Originally posted by blankguy
Lucyzhang,
congratulations! Those are amazing scores!:wow:

May I ask how many hours of studying you put in and how long you studied??

I really did not study long.
I took kaplan last summer, but went to class for at most 4 times. totally wasted the money.
I started this january after winter break, like 6hrs a week or less.
but I started to cram the week before. I had spring break, so I studied like 6 hrs daily.

Don't take me wrong, I did study a lot. I usualy do things pretty fast, I finished ex1001 two chem books in 4 days( feel so fed up with chem) If I had enough time, I would rather do it in two weeks, and study bio more. and I am just naturally good at math, so I did not need to study for it

hope that helps

Originally posted by lucyzhang
what about harvard and upenn :p

mnrji, I took kaplan (the one avaliable free online) before my cram, it was around 20 for everything, except RC (kaplan was easy)

and Topscore, bio was around 15 :mad: I scared to death
chem both around 19, and PAT around 19, the real PAT is much harder
RC20 (I had one about social science, isn't that weird)
and QR always around 23 :hardy:
hope that helps

Your PAT is fine. Other scores are excellent. As long as you have a high GPA >3.6 and APPLY EARLY, you can get into UPenn and have a good chance for Harvard.

Originally posted by lucyzhang
just took DAT, almost had an accident on my way back, my hands were shaking, strongly recommend you future-dat-taker to get a ride, SAFE

the result is good and bad
Acadmic average 23
PAT 17 +pissed+
Quantitative Reasoning 28
Reading 22
Bio 19
GChem 27
OChem 21
Total Science 22

anyone knows what is the difference between academic average and total science thanks

and do you think I should retake DAT, since the PAT is so bad
any advise will be appreciated

now I am goin to have the FIRST relaxed night in a week :love:

I remember my hands were shaking too, and I drove for an hour and then started visiting random stores in a strip mall because it was such a load off my chest. I got a similar AA, and the exact same PAT. I was pissed too at the time, but seriously as others have said you get into pretty much any school if you apply early. PAT is a section that you have to get a really low score to have problems. Perhaps a really high PAT can help someone with a low AA, but I don't think a low PAT can really hurt someone with a high AA.

lucy - are you selling the exackracker materials? I'm interested if you are selling them. thanks

PS congratulations on you scores!!!!