Dat finished! 09/28

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phooey

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
By the grace of God...

Bio: 22
Gchem: 24
Ochem: 19
PAT: 24
RC: 25
QR: 16 :/
TS: 22
AA: 21

Members don't see this ad.

to be honest, youre qr is borderline but otherwise you definitely have nice competitive scores. good luck applying?

what did you use to study? especially gchem? awesome scores!

Yeah, I don't know what happened with math because I'm decent/good at math. I guess I was used to having extra time on the other sections that I wasn't thinking and got too relaxed/anxious of it almost ending. Oh well, what's done is done.

Anyway, here's what I did:

Biology: Schaum's Biology Outline, Kaplan Notecards, Destroyer

Gchem: Kaplan's Review Notes Book, Kaplan Notecards, Destroyer

Ochem: Organic Chemistry as a Second Language, Kaplan's Review Book, Kaplan Notecards, Ochem Odyssey

PAT: Crack DAT PAT

RC: no practice really, just from taking two Top Score tests

Math: Crack DAT Math, Kaplan Review Notes Book

Scienceaide Scratch Sheets: to get used to working with them to solve problems; totally helped because their scratch sheets were exactly like the test and so it wasn't something new to me when i got to the test

So I took a Kaplan course last summer and stopped studying after it because of school. So all I had left was the course Review Notes Book and notecards. Took me two months to study. The first month I read through Schaum's Biology Outline once. Took me so long because I was doing things on and off. Also fit in some math. Read through Gchem in Kaplan in a week. Then Organic Chemistry as a Second Language and Kaplan. From there I did some Destroyer for the sciences but didn't even get through everything (not even halfway for the subjects). I was seriously crunched for time. Went through the notecards every chance I got. Made my own notecards for things that I felt I needed to know. That helped because a couple of my notecards showed up on the test. Got through about 3 CDP tests. Took two TopScore tests in two consecutive days, 3 days before my test. Day before my test studied all day and reviewed all my notecards.

That's about it! Seriously, I wasn't expecting to do this well and it still amazes me because I was really scared of not being ready enough and not having enough time. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

P.S. I stayed off SDN the whole time!!!! It messes with your self-esteem and discourages you, or at least it did with me when I went on in the beginning of studying and saw people with super high scores. The only other time was to see how people felt about TopScore mirroring the real DATs.