DAT Finished! 8/28/2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XtrasDental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This forum helped me a lot with many questions and it's only right I give back share my experience/recommendations for defeating the DAT.

Background: I'm currently a junior in Biomedical Engineering and already took my core science classes (Orgo, GC etc). I studied for the DAT since July for two months (10-13 hours a day).

My scores:

PAT: 24
QR: 21
RC: 19
Biology: 22
GC: 28
OC: 29
TS 25
AA 24

Biology: I would say this was the most diverse section for the entire test. I memorized all of Feralis Notes (Really good resource!), Cliffs, and used DAT Destroyer to tackle the broad concepts. However, there were two random questions that i never studied before. DAT Destroyer and Feralis are the way to go for this section, however, to really study the important specific concepts.

GC: This was quite what I expected to see. Chad's videos are still alive and kicking even though they are a couple years old (CHAD IS THE MAN). I would also say DAT Bootcamp is on par with this as well, with the style of how questions are asked. DAT Destroyer also was a must for this section.

OC: DAT Destroyer, coupled with Chad's videos, will get you through this section, easily. Bootcamp really reinforced my concepts and their practice tests were on par.

Perceptual Ability: This was one of the toughest sections on my DAT. For keyholes, the rocks from MARSSSS that everyone talks about on here appeared on my DAT, along with very weird shapes. Overall, the Angle Ranking, Pattern Folding, Cube counting were on par with DAT Bootcamp. The rest of the sections were slightly more difficult and I have no clue how I pulled of a 24 (really thought i did horrible).

RC: After break, my contacts started acting up and I really couldn't focus on reading the paragraphs. It was simple search and destroy questions (not very much like BC). I definitely could have done better on this section.

QR: I was so worn out by this section. I still manged to finished 8 minutes early, but i would say Math Destroyer is really worth it for this section.

I wanna say thanks to Dr. Romano for his amazing DAT Destroyer along with Ari and the Bootcamp team.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Wow your sciences are stellar. Would you mind posting your BC scores? And for the sciences, would you say that the real DAT was easier/harder than Bootcamp?

Reactions: 1 user
Wow your sciences are stellar. Would you mind posting your BC scores? And for the sciences, would you say that the real DAT was easier/harder than Bootcamp?

My DAT Sciences were slightly higher for gen chem and orgo, as compared to bootcamp. But, for biology, my biology BCscores were much higher. The real DAT is just generally very broad for biology, so it's like impossible to memorize everything. Here's my scores for BC

Bio
26/25/24/25/26
GC
22/21/19/25/24
OC

I averaged like 19-21s on PAT for bootcamp. It's very good pratice, IMO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

This forum helped me a lot with many questions and it's only right I give back share my experience/recommendations for defeating the DAT.

Background: I'm currently a junior in Biomedical Engineering and already took my core science classes (Orgo, GC etc). I studied for the DAT since July for two months (10-13 hours a day).

My scores:

TS 25
AA 24

Biology: I would say this was the most diverse section for the entire test. I memorized all of Feralis Notes (Really good resource!), Cliffs, and used DAT Destroyer to tackle the broad concepts. However, there were two random questions that i never studied before. DAT Destroyer and Feralis are the way to go for this section, however, to really study the important specific concepts.

GC: This was quite what I expected to see. Chad's videos are still alive and kicking even though they are a couple years old (CHAD IS THE MAN). I would also say DAT Bootcamp is on par with this as well, with the style of how questions are asked. DAT Destroyer also was a must for this section.

OC: DAT Destroyer, coupled with Chad's videos, will get you through this section, easily. Bootcamp really reinforced my concepts and their practice tests were on par.

Perceptual Ability: This was one of the toughest sections on my DAT. For keyholes, the rocks from MARSSSS that everyone talks about on here appeared on my DAT, along with very weird shapes. Overall, the Angle Ranking, Pattern Folding, Cube counting were on par with DAT Bootcamp. The rest of the sections were slightly more difficult and I have no clue how I pulled of a 24 (really thought i did horrible).

RC: After break, my contacts started acting up and I really couldn't focus on reading the paragraphs. It was simple search and destroy questions (not very much like BC). I definitely could have done better on this section.

QR: I was so worn out by this section. I still manged to finished 8 minutes early, but i would say Math Destroyer is really worth it for this section.

I wanna say thanks to Dr. Romano for his amazing DAT Destroyer along with Ari and the Bootcamp team.

:highfive::clap::clap::clap::clap:XtrasDental

Congratulations! You Destroyed the DAT Beast and sent him back in his cave licking his wounds..You had a consistent study plan and prepared for the fight. The DAT is very challenging and you realized that there is no easy way out. To achieve scores like yours it takes a lot of study time. There are not short cuts to high DAT scores.

You will get a lot of interviews with these scores! Love the consistency and high TS!

We are thrilled you enjoyed our materials and thanks for the shoutout!

Wishing you the best in your journey to becoming a dentist.

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

:highfive::clap::clap::clap::clap:XtrasDental

Congratulations! You Destroyed the DAT Beast and sent him back in his cave licking his wounds..You had a consistent study plan and prepared for the fight. The DAT is very challenging and you realized that there is no easy way out. To achieve scores like yours it takes a lot of study time. There are not short cuts to high DAT scores.

You will get a lot of interviews with these scores! Love the consistency and high TS!

We are thrilled you enjoyed our materials and thanks for the shoutout!

Wishing you the best in your journey to becoming a dentist.

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

Thank you! Definitely could not have done it without your help!

Hey guys,

My scores:

TS 25
AA 24

Congratulations!

Reactions: 1 user