rela23

Soontobedentist
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I took my DAT yesterday and after all the studying its finally done and all the studying paid off.
Here are my scores:

PAT: 18
QR: 29
RC: 26
GenChem: 25
OrgoChem: 25
Bio: 22
TS: 23
AA: 25
:love:

Im so happy it over and here's some advice for studying.
I used the DAT destroyer and its so great for Chem, Orgo and Bio. Some of the Bio questions came verbatim from the DAT destoryer and also the CHem and Orgo on the DAT is so easy if you can do the stuff in the DAT Destroyer. If your having any trouble in Orgo and Chem get the DAT DESTROYER it is really great for all of the natural science sections. Its a really great book and much more detailed and better questions to overprepare you for anything you will see on your actual DAT.
Also, I did the Top Score tests and was only averaging a 21-22 so you can go up from practice tests and I was getting 19-20s on Kaplan tests.
Also DAT Achiever Biology is really good and many bio questions are from there also.
Just know it can be done if you study hard and put in the work.
If you have any questions feel free to post them and Id be happy to answer them.

dontbam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
rela23 said:
I took my DAT yesterday and after all the studying its finally done and all the studying paid off.
Here are my scores:

I used the DAT destroyer and its so great for Chem, Orgo and Bio. Some of the Bio questions came verbatim from the DAT destoryer and also the CHem and Orgo on the DAT is so easy if you can do the stuff in the DAT Destroyer.
Also, I did the Top Score tests and was only averaging a 21-22 so you can go up from practice tests and I was getting 19-20s on Kaplan tests.
Also DAT Achiever Biology is really good and many bio questions are from there also.
If you have any questions feel free to post them and Id be happy to answer them.

For the Gchem ,were there mostly calculations or conceptual stuff?

OP
R

rela23

Soontobedentist
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
dontbam said:
For the Gchem ,were there mostly calculations or conceptual stuff?
I would say mostly calculations but you did not have to actually calculate just set up the equation correctly and the choices were the set up equations and no calculations. I had two conceptual questions on Vapor pressure so know what vapor pressure if effected by and also vapor pressure in relation to boiling point and viscosity. My question was something like a low vapor pressure corresponds to what > and the answer was high boiling point.

About the Ads

shushu

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
hey congrats on ur scores....i've asked this so many times but no one seems to answer back....i just wanted to know if the QR and orgo were as hard as the kaplan subject tests....those subject test are really hard...i've been getting 16/17 across and i take my test in two weeks so im getting nervous that im not pulling in 19/20s. thanks in advance!

OP
R

rela23

Soontobedentist
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
shushu said:
hey congrats on ur scores....i've asked this so many times but no one seems to answer back....i just wanted to know if the QR and orgo were as hard as the kaplan subject tests....those subject test are really hard...i've been getting 16/17 across and i take my test in two weeks so im getting nervous that im not pulling in 19/20s. thanks in advance!
The QR and the Orgo were MUCH easier than the Kaplan subject tests. I was scoring around a 20-21 on QR Kaplan full legnths and 20-21 in Orgo on Kaplan full legnths. The real DAT is very similar to top score in terms of Orgo and Chem so top score grade is similar to ur DAT score so if u get in the 20's on top score your set fo the DAT. And for QR I found my actual DAT easier than anything I had seen before, only one EASY probability question and mostly simple algebra. Good luck and feel free to ask more questions Id love to helP!

dontbam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
hey rela, thanks for the quick response, lastly i was just curious if you got any "weird" questions that were like out of nowhere that isn't covered by kaplan?

OP
R

rela23

Soontobedentist
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
dontbam said:
hey rela, thanks for the quick response, lastly i was just curious if you got any "weird" questions that were like out of nowhere that isn't covered by kaplan?
Any of the weird questions were in the Biology section on the DAT and I hadnt seen them in Kaplan but i did see them all in the DAT Destroyer. Some random facts that Kaplan doesnt cover are covered in the DAT Destroyer and also some from DAT Achiever.

thehipster

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
Status
Dental Student
rela23 said:
Here are my scores:

I used the DAT destroyer and its so great for Chem, Orgo and Bio. Some of the Bio questions came verbatim from the DAT destoryer and also the CHem and Orgo on the DAT is so easy if you can do the stuff in the DAT Destroyer. If your having any trouble in Orgo and Chem get the DAT achiever it is really great for all of the natural science sections. Its a really great book and much more detailed and better questions to overprepare you for anything you will see on your actual DAT.
What's your GPA if you don't mind me asking?

OP
R

rela23

Soontobedentist
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
thehipster said:
What's your GPA if you don't mind me asking?
Why?

Envision

Envisioning...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
Irvine
Status
Dentist
rela23 said:
Here are my scores:

I used the DAT destroyer and its so great for Chem, Orgo and Bio. Some of the Bio questions came verbatim from the DAT destoryer and also the CHem and Orgo on the DAT is so easy if you can do the stuff in the DAT Destroyer. If your having any trouble in Orgo and Chem get the DAT achiever it is really great for all of the natural science sections. Its a really great book and much more detailed and better questions to overprepare you for anything you will see on your actual DAT.
congrats :)

shushu

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
thank you for ur earlier response...i was also wondering if the orgo questions were mostly reaction problems. thanks again

OP
R

rela23

Soontobedentist
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Orgo was mostly reactions that were all very simple and strait forward

hellY06

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
rela23 said:
Orgo was mostly reactions that were all very simple and strait forward

hey i m was wondering where did u get the DAT destroyer from??? i mnot sure familliar with that one,,,thnax,,,,,,n congrats on ur score :thumbup:

hellY06

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
i wanted to know if you coukd help me find out, if DAT destroyer is mainly questions,answers,,,,or it has the content as well.??
thanx,,,,,,

OP
R

rela23

Soontobedentist
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
hellY06 said:
hey i m was wondering where did u get the DAT destroyer from??? i mnot sure familliar with that one,,,thnax,,,,,,n congrats on ur score :thumbup:
i got the dat destroyer from Dr. Romano you can email him to purchase it at [email protected] and its definitely something worth getting for the dat. It has hundreds of questions from each subject so just contact Dr. Romano. Good luck

SpikeyMike83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2005
GA
Status
I just got DAT Destroyer myself, but haven't used it yet. I was a little put off that it was JUST questions/answers with explanations. Maybe I didn't read the website well, but I didn't realize that's what it was when I bought it. After reading your responses, I'm sure it will help with my studies though!

It was strange, the other day Dr. Romano sent out a huge thing of biology questions. I don't know if they were in addition to the book, or just some editing. I wasn't expecting that kind of communication after I purchased the book. I think this is going to be a great prep tool!

About the Ads