DAT finished- thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btk2333

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AA:21
PAT:18
QR: 20
RC: 25
Bio: 20
GC: 20
Orgo: 22
TS: 21

Science GPA 3.41
Overall GPA 3.68

I am applying to
BU
Case
Columbia
Creighton
Howard
Indiana
Marquette
NYU
Temple
UIC
Iowa
Maryland
Minnesota
UMKC
Pitt
Penn
Pacific
Washington
Western

I know some of these are long shots, but my girlfriend wants to get her MPH and we're trying to match up on as many schools as possible to increase our chances.

Does anyone have any recommendations to add/drop any schools from my list? What are my chances of getting some interviews, I know my PAT is kind of low but I did well on everything else

Oh and I'm an Iowa resident and thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

everything looks great. PAT is average, but all other sections are above average. I would not worry

Dude awesome scores. With a 25 RC you can get into some top notch schools!! Which RC passages did you have?

Members don't see this ad :)

Science GPA 3.41
Overall GPA 3.68

I am applying to
BU
Case
Columbia
Creighton
Howard
Indiana
Marquette
NYU
Temple
UIC
Iowa
Maryland
Minnesota
UMKC
Pitt
Penn
Pacific
Washington
Western

I know some of these are long shots, but my girlfriend wants to get her MPH and we're trying to match up on as many schools as possible to increase our chances.

Does anyone have any recommendations to add/drop any schools from my list? What are my chances of getting some interviews, I know my PAT is kind of low but I did well on everything else

Why not include SUNY Buffalo? People from other SUNY campuses transfer to Buffalo because it offers programs that are not available on other campuses. While you are at it look into Uconn too. I think both Uconn and Buffalo are good for you to pursue DDS/DMD and your girlfriend pursue MPH.

Science GPA 3.41
Overall GPA 3.68

I am applying to
BU
Case
Columbia
Creighton
Howard
Indiana
Marquette
NYU
Temple
UIC
Iowa
Maryland
Minnesota
UMKC
Pitt
Penn
Pacific
Washington
Western

You might want to consider adding Michigan and UNC. Both good dental schools and good SPH's. You should drop UMKC--they only accept out-of-staters from certain states, and Iowa is not one of them. You're just wasting money by applying there. I don't know how competitive your girlfriend's application is, but from my knowledge of dental schools and schools of public health (I graduated from a SPH), the schools from your list that I would keep are: BU, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, and Washington. I'd add Michigan and UNC also. Honestly, I think you're almost guaranteed to get in to Iowa with your stats. If your girlfriend also thinks she'll get in to Iowa, I wouldn't apply to nearly as many schools as you have listed. You'll save a ton of money and get great training.