DAT Gen Chem Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silvo83

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently seeking recommendations for the best Gen Chem review material. I have the Kaplan material as well as a subscription to Chad's Videos, both of which I'm not overly impressed with. Its been a while since I have taken Gen Chem so any advice that you SDN'ers may have would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Currently seeking recommendations for the best Gen Chem review material. I have the Kaplan material as well as a subscription to Chad's Videos, both of which I'm not overly impressed with. Its been a while since I have taken Gen Chem so any advice that you SDN'ers may have would be greatly appreciated!

How are you not impressed with it? He practically teaches you all the gen chem you're going to see on the test.

If you follow him and do the work, you're practically golden for a 20+ on the DAT.

Agreed AwesomeTeeth, Chad's is golden material for a 20+ on the chemistry sections of the DAT. Gold.

Members don't see this ad :)
Niice! I guess I'm just kind of intimidated by the Gen Chem just because its been a while. Chad does do a great job at simplifying it, maybe I was expecting it to be a little more complicated! Besides his quizzes, what would you recommend for additional practice problems?? Destroyer?? Princeton Review?? Maybe something really cool that I don't even know about?? Trust tree in the nest??

this discussion should be moved to the DAT discussions page.

I thought the MCAT Chemistry book by Ajikumar Aryangat was very helpful. Yes it's MCAT but it's the exact same material and has great questions at the end of every chapter. The book has both general chemistry and organic chemistry. You could probably rent it from the library like I did... I got a 29 on gen chem

My comment on destroyer chemistry is that it was overkill. Chad videos and Kaplan was enough for me to feel prepared . don't forget to do the practice exam problems and LEARN from your mistakes

DAT destroyer alone ensured that i was extremely well prepared for both chemistry sections.. I just did the problems over and over again

Kaplan Blue Book + Destroyer + 30 days Chad's videos = 30 on my Gen Chem section on the DAT