DAT Genius

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentalstudent9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Should I get DAT Genius? Is it helpful? How representative is it to the real DAT? I take my DAT on April 29th. I already finished DAT Bootcamp tests so I was wondering if its worth it to get DAT genius for more practice exams?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, DAT Genius is very helpful. Just like Bootcamp, its supposed harder then the actual DAT and to be used as a learning tool, so I wouldn't worry about that. Genius has particularly good sciences, pat, and reading comp, although I found their qr to be too hard.

If you have over two weeks, and you've finished bootcamp, you definitely should get it. Its less then $100 bucks and its helpful practice and additional concepts. You can also look into DAT QVault for more practice tests

Yes, DAT Genius is very helpful. Just like Bootcamp, its supposed harder then the actual DAT and to be used as a learning tool, so I wouldn't worry about that. Genius has particularly good sciences, pat, and reading comp, although I found their qr to be too hard.

If you have over two weeks, and you've finished bootcamp, you definitely should get it. Its less then $100 bucks and its helpful practice and additional concepts. You can also look into DAT QVault for more practice tests

did the practice tests on genius help you on your actual DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm writing in May. I've talked to other people who have used dat genius and they recommended it to me saying that it was really helpful

I'm writing in May. I've talked to other people who have used dat genius and they recommended it to me saying that it was really helpful

Have you taken your DAT yet? If so, how representative was Genius compared to the real DAT? I have a subscription, but not sure if I should go through all the sections or just focus on specific exams from Genius since I'm running a bit short on time.

Have you taken your DAT yet? If so, how representative was Genius compared to the real DAT? I have a subscription, but not sure if I should go through all the sections or just focus on specific exams from Genius since I'm running a bit short on time.

DATgenius is awesome. I went through all of it and it definitely contributed to my score. Their questions are harder than the real DAT but their explanations are fantastic!

Reactions: 2 users
DAT Genius and Bootcamp were both harder than the real DAT, but that teaches you. My scores for Genius and Bootcamp were probably overall +/- 2 or 3 points from my final scores, but I didn't write down all my practice test scores.

The way that I approached it was to spend time whenever I got a question wrong on practice tests in reading the explanations and trying to learn from my mistakes. I think that's one of the most important things to do, because the practice tests will help you to see what you know and what you don't know. I probably spent 60% of my time studying by working through DAT Bootcamp, DAT Genius, DAT Destroyer and qVault and whenever I got a question wrong I would try to learn more about that topic.

Reactions: 1 users