DAT Gold Standard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ATLien4evr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the DAT Gold standard book. Is it any good? I'm about to shed out money for DAT study materials and I don't want to waste money (I will be getting Chad videos and DAT destroyer later on) Is the Kaplan BB better?

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan has plenty of practise materials, but it does not teach you what you need to know. Whereas Destroyer, Cliffs and Feralis notes also teach you the concepts that you may need help with.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the DAT Gold standard book. Is it any good? I'm about to shed out money for DAT study materials and I don't want to waste money (I will be getting Chad videos and DAT destroyer later on) Is the Kaplan BB better?

Kaplan BB is good if you have never been exposed to the DAT before because it sorta touches on everything and the PAT section of that book is great as an introduction. Nothing more...nothing less. In other words, if you are limited on money, then don't get it. You might as well watch free Youtube videos to get a introduction to the DAT. Bunch of them out there. I put some links in my breakdown (below) as well.

Gold Standard is an unknown right now. Not too many people talk about it. Again, if you are low on budget, I'd go with the ones that are guaranteed to be useful instead of trying to figure out a new resource that nobody has really used yet.

Must-Have Materials:

DAT Destroyer - BIO/GC/QR
Chad's Videos - OC/GC
Math Destroyer - QR
DAT BootCamp - ALL subjects
DAT Achiever - ALL subjects
DAT QVAULT - BIO/GC/OC
Cliff's or Barron's AP Biology - BIO
Crack the PAT - PAT
2009 ADA Test - ALL subjects
2007 ADA Test - ALL subjects (free)

I bolded the most important ones.